Heaven waited until Gene was ready. Gene Osborn passed away at 9:15pm 11-09-2011 RIP

Bob Warner

KNIFE MAKER
Gene Osborn of Center Cross Metal Works was just 51 years old when he went "HOME" as he wanted.

Gene's wife Mellenie called me today and told me that Gene had taken a turn for the worst and that I needed to come and see him. I left right away and went to see Gene. Gene was unresponsive when I got there but it was obvious he knew I was there. He passed peacefully with a house full of people that loved him. He had his wife, siblings, many, many kids, a couple grand kids, some really good friends and his dog was laying on the bed at his feet. He did not struggle, he knew where he was going and was looking forward to the journey.

When Gene found out he was ill he wanted to get things in order before his time came. He had a list of things he wanted to do before making his final journey. He worked hard and completed his entire list just a couple days before he passed.

Gene's entire family would like to thank all of the people that knew Gene for being his friend, praying for him and wishing him well in his new home.

Attached is a poem I gave to Mellenie that will be placed next to him during his services.

Thank you all,

Bob Warner

Attachments

• Geno Poem.jpg
    Geno Poem.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Very sad news to hear, but at the same time there's peace to be found knowing he's in a better place. I know he will be missed.
I didn't know Gene personally; only through Center Cross and his forum on Knife Network.
He clearly made a lasting impact in the knife making community that isn't going to subside any time soon, and left this place a little better than he found it.

Thoughts and prayers are with the family.

So sorry to hear of Gene passing away. The poem is beautiful and says allot for the good man of God he was.

Sorry to hear that. I talked to him a couple months ago. RIP Gene.

Here is a message from Gene's wife about the arrangements.

Funeral for Gene
Lucas Funeral Home
1321 Precinct Line Rd
Hurst, TX 76053
Viewing is Friday from 6:00 - 8:00pm
Service is Saturday at 11:00am
Gene requested that no cut flowers be sent, only live rooted plants.

Bless you,
Mellanie

Just returned from Gene's funeral. Nice funeral and reception. Saw some old friends, made some new ones and said goodbye one last time.

Bob

Back