Wannamakers Gun Show

mike miller

KNIFE MAKER
Several of us will be at the big Wannamakers Guns Show this weekend in Tulsa. It is Saturday from 8 to 5 and Sunday 8 to 4 . 4000tables of guns,knives, and everything else.
Few of us in Attendance- Bill Coye,Paul Lusk,Craig Steketee, Ray Kirk, Jerry Barlow. Jerald Nickles, Ryan minchew, Jerry McClure, Whiskers Allen,Billy Helton, Bob Dozier, Ralph Smith, Bill Kennedy,Rusty Polk, Pidgeon Knives(sp) , Richard Self, Dunlap Knives,and Mike Miller.
These are a few off the top of my head - if anyone else will be there please add on .

I'll probably be there in the P.M. Wife wants to go to the Preparedness Expo at the Spirit Bank Event Center first.

Several of us will be at the big Wannamakers Guns Show this weekend in Tulsa. It is Saturday from 8 to 5 and Sunday 8 to 4 . 4000tables of guns,knives, and everything else.
Few of us in Attendance- Bill Coye,Paul Lusk,Craig Steketee, Ray Kirk, Jerry Barlow. Jerald Nickles, Ryan minchew, Jerry McClure, Whiskers Allen,Billy Helton, Bob Dozier, Ralph Smith, Bill Kennedy,Rusty Polk, Pidgeon Knives(sp) , Richard Self, Dunlap Knives,and Mike Miller.
These are a few off the top of my head - if anyone else will be there please add on .

WoW! I had no idea there would be so many makers there!! So many makers, so little money =(

But hey, I'll still be there looking to meet some of you and pick your brains! Can't wait!!

Believe me if I could swing it I'd be there. I have a gun collector friend that goes nearly every year. He says its the best gun show ever. Sounds like a great place for knife makers too.

Good luck to those of you with tables, hope you do very well. 17 hours of show x 60 minutes in an hour = 1020 minutes of show. All one has to do is visit 4 tables a minute to see everything. :what!:

Had an enjoyable weekend, set up between Paul Lusk and Bill Coye. Bill brought his daughter Olivia out to head up his sales Dept. A very becoming and refreshing young lady that Bill and his wife have brought up wonderfully. Sold a few knives, visited with friends, and had beautiful weather. It was over all a very nice weekend.

I would have never made it around. It takes at least 4 minutes per table if I dont open my big mouth.
Good luck to those of you with tables, hope you do very well. 17 hours of show x 60 minutes in an hour = 1020 minutes of show. All one has to do is visit 4 tables a minute to see everything. :what!:

I want to thank everyone who took the time to answer my questions and take a few moments to talk to me. I tried not to take up too much of anyone's time. Didn't get to stay very long, Wife was over at the Bead Show and called about 12:30 and was finished! I was just getting started. I was planning on getting back out today, but both my Wife and Daughter have the crud so I staid home with them. Probably for the best because I found Culpeppers table as well as Jantz and the Giraffe Bone people...I had plans on putting a hurting on some of that handle material!! :)

Anyway, what little time I did have I enjoyed very much. It was a pleasure to get to meet and talk to Bill Miller, Ryan Michew, Paul Lusk, Jerry McClure, Ralph Smith. I also appreciate Mr. Miller inviting me to their next get together. I'm going to try and clear everything out so I can make it. I appreciate Bill Coghill showing me all the cool knife handles on his blades and his leather sheaths. I also appreciate the offer from Billy Helton to stop by his shop some time. An offer like that is huge for someone starting out and I look forward to taking him up on it one day. Mr. Steketee of Stek Knives also shared a recipe for finishing wood handles. I look forward to trying it soon. He had some killer Damascus knives there with some fantastic looking Snakewood handles.

The only downer of the show for me (the entire hour I was there!) was not being able to find Bill Coye's table. I made several rounds in the knife makers area and I guess I just overlooked his table. :( I'll be sure to find it at the next show!!

Again, thanks to everyone, wish I could have stayed longer or came back, but there's always next time!

Back