Curly Maple.. Black Hawk II

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Heres on I just wanted to share, Its 1095 High Carbon steel and some of the finest curly maple I have ever used.. This stuff is stabilized and awesome! I think this wood is often overlooked by knife makers.. myself included. Because every time I make a knife with it. I think WOW thats amazing stuff, And wonder why I dont use it more often!! lol

Anyways enjoy the pics. and thanks for looking!

God Bless YA
Randy

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• curly maple 002.jpg
    curly maple 002.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 136
  • curly maple 007.jpg
    curly maple 007.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 136
  • curly maple 004.jpg
    curly maple 004.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 13
  • curly maple 005.jpg
    curly maple 005.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 13
  • curly maple 017.jpg
    curly maple 017.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 16
I agree Randy, I love curly maple and that is some super stuff. I have some in that quality range that I need to get stabilized. Do you know if that was dyed? If so what color was the dye? Thanks.

Darrin

Darrin, This block came from Craig Stevens in Alaska. He sells on Ebay. It looks to be natural in color.

Good Luck and God Bless
Randy

Randy... I love curly maple. I'm afraid to buy on ebay because I'm afriad of getting hosed.
That is a beautiful knife and beautiful wood.

If you dont mind pm me this guys specifics for ebay so I can get some.

Eric

I dont mind, Craig is a good guy and I have been dealing with him through Ebay for years.. Hers a link to a closed auction for a set of CRAZY burl scales!!! From here you can click on see sellers other items or whatever.. I dont think he has any auctions up this week. But he will probably have some stuff next week! His auctions are normally on Tuesday nights. Anyways.. heres the link!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/26087581556...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_2840wt_1270

Nice work Randy. I really like the profile of this one. It's a great blade shape and I'm diggin' the raised clip. The curly maple is really nice with a dense pattern.

I've got some good curly maple here I need to use. I like it dyed a nice rich brown color too.

Randy for xmas just sent me pictures of your knifes . There so nice i dont even need the real thing. Love your work KT

Randy for xmas just sent me pictures of your knifes . There so nice i dont even need the real thing. Love your work KT

Terry, Thats funny, thanks for the laugh brother. .. I appreciate the complement on the pics and the knife!
God Bless YA!
Randy

Nice work Randy. I really like the profile of this one. It's a great blade shape and I'm diggin' the raised clip. The curly maple is really nice with a dense pattern.

I've got some good curly maple here I need to use. I like it dyed a nice rich brown color too.

John, Thanks man. Its a modified design that we have been doing, and seems every time I make it.. I change it slightly.. a little here, and a little there.. lol This one has a little less belly and a slightly higher tip then the last one. :) Good eye!

Hey, if you are having trouble using all that beautiful maple my address is....... ... ...... ..... . . .. . LOL

Beautiful and useful looking design. You did a fabulous job on this one as well! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Back