The Wasteland crow Project: Barong and Symbiote

Stormcrow

Following the first Wasteland Crow Project collaboration between myself and Noah Legel of Wasteland Leatherwork some time back, we planned to do more. This was the second project I forged for that, to be sent to him at the same time as a third project for him to do the leatherworking portion. The barong and symbiote both have integral socket handles, false edges, and raised clips, with cotton cord handle wraps sealed with black shellac. The symbiote is loosely based on balisong blade profiles I have seen.

barong01.jpg

barong02.jpg

barong04.jpg

barong03.jpg

symbiote.jpg

set.jpg

The best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley, or so I've heard.

The barong and symbiote, after sitting in my shop for over a year waiting on the other project which suffered multiple setbacks, were purchased by a fellow who saw the pictures on the Wasteland Crow Project Blog. So I took them out of the display case, did some maintenance, made sure they were both shaving sharp, and shipped 'em off to Noah to do his magic.

Here's what they looked like right before getting packed away:

IMG_1433.jpg

I eagerly anticipate seeing what Noah comes up with.

Noah has worked his magic with horse hide, and another Wasteland Crow Project has been delivered to a satisfied customer. They are destined to be put to work to slay some brush, which satisfies me. :)

A heavy-duty snap on the belt loop of the symbiote blade's sheath allows it to be securely fastened onto the main scabbard or detached and worn seperately on the owner's belt. In addition, the main scabbard can be worn on a belt or on a shoulder baldric. Carry options are nice!

set2.jpg

set3.jpg

set4.jpg

I thought it was cool how this in-progress shot of the back of the main scabbard looked like a face on a totem or a Viking artifact.

Back_Pre_Trimming.jpg

Check out other pictures of the leather being worked on at the Wasteland Crow Project blog: wastlelandcrow.blogspot.com

You put a bottle of India ink in a can of clear shellac. :D Presumably other colors could be done as well, but black and the natrual amber color are the two I do. I did have one occasion where I dyed cotton cord red with ink and then sealed it in clear.

Back