Are you near over the important stuff?

Frank Niro

KNIFE MAKER
Hey you Randy's , I'm hoping Jr. got moved in and has got the furniture all placed! Any time now you could go ahead with more of the meteorite forging and I wouldn't be upset at all !!!
Seriously, I hope the move went well and i wish them only a very good life in their new home. Frank

Frank, The move went perfectly. And we started forging again Monday morning, I have updated the post with the days progress and am excited to say.. The Meteorite is refined to the point that we will be building a stack of 1095 and meteorite and setting the first welds tomorrow morning!! Then the process of making the damascus begins..

We started out with over 4 Lbs of Meteorite.. and after refining it we ended up with a little under 2 lbs. of fine super refined space steel to use in the billet!

Our plan. Only to use 1095 and meteorite to make the billet.. so That the finished blades there is no doubt about what part is Meteorite. The shinny part!! :D Heres a LINK to the WIP for anyone who hasnt looked yet. http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?21000-Out-of-this-world!!!!-W.i.p.

Thanks for the note my friend. God Bless YA!
Randy, HHH Knives

Back