About to hit the road.....

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
I just finished up the last two I'll have time to work on before I leave for Boise. Both are of the bowie size. The S guard bowie has a W-2 blade that is just under 9", iron fittings with a stellar sea cow rib bone. Overall its 14". The other knife has a forge finished 1959 Nash Metro blade that is just over 9". Iron fittings and a curly maple handle. Overall its 15". Both have two ply leather sheaths.

IMG_3838.JPG

IMG_3839.JPG

IMG_3843.JPG

IMG_3840.JPG

IMG_3841.JPG

If you dont mind me calling you Ray, those are some sweet looking knives. Everything you have shown for the show looks very nice.
Thanks for sharing them with us.

Eric

If you dont mind me calling you Ray, those are some sweet looking knives. Everything you have shown for the show looks very nice.
Thanks for sharing them with us.

Eric

Eric, I hope I can take a picture of an empty table Sunday afternoon. See what happens......

Wow Ray, those are some real beauties. I really like the forge finished blade with the curly maple handle. Good luck at the show but I doubt that you will need it.

Wow Ray, those are some real beauties. I really like the forge finished blade with the curly maple handle. Good luck at the show but I doubt that you will need it.

Denny, Remember I'm an old man. I could get lost along the way. I'll take some good luck.......

Awesome work Ray.
I notice I never see your makers mark on any of your knives. Do you use one?

Awesome work Ray.
I notice I never see your makers mark on any of your knives. Do you use one?

Tod, Yes I do mark my knives. I've been marking them all on the spine of the knife if I have room. http://bladegallery.com/shopexd.asp?id=87082&photo=5&size=b I've been told by several I don't need to mark my knives cause you can tell just by the look. The ones I mark are authentic but there maybe a few I have forgot to mark. :D

Stoped at your table. Great spread! Every time I went by you were talking with some one. Hope you sold enough. Hope to see you next year.

Stoped at your table. Great spread! Every time I went by you were talking with some one. Hope you sold enough. Hope to see you next year.

I sure did plenty of talking but didn't sell a knife. I probably won't be going back next year. Its a good show if you can meet expenses but that sure didn't happen. Since 2007 sales at shows have really dropped off for me and I think most makers. I've got the Little Rock Show coming up late February and OKCA in the spring.

Tod, Yes I do mark my knives. I've been marking them all on the spine of the knife if I have room. http://bladegallery.com/shopexd.asp?id=87082&photo=5&size=b I've been told by several I don't need to mark my knives cause you can tell just by the look. The ones I mark are authentic but there maybe a few I have forgot to mark. :D

I like that Idea of marking on the spine. Sometimes I feel my style of mark doesnt really go with the style of knife I made and doesnt really look good on the blade.

I can tell your work without the mark but was curious if you used one.
Thanks
Tod.

I like that Idea of marking on the spine. Sometimes I feel my style of mark doesnt really go with the style of knife I made and doesnt really look good on the blade.

I can tell your work without the mark but was curious if you used one.
Thanks
Tod.

One of the main reasons I decided to go with the spine is if the mark is screwed up its one heck of a lot easier to redo being on the spine instead of having to refinish the whole side of a knife. I always get a kick out of new guys that seem to think there logo is going to sell the knife for them so there's a lot of time spent in there design. I think a mark should be simple and small.

Thats funny you said that about the the "new guys" marks because I had just recently came to the conclusion my mark was to busy and I was in the process of redesigning it but I may just do a simple mark on the spine. Your reasoning does make sense. I was almost afraid to etch my mark on a mirror finish I did the other day. :what!:
Take care.......

Tod.

Back