Damascus recurve hunter

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
I was asked to make a gift for a local Pastor. His son contacted me after hearing there was a local guy that made knives.. His Dad is a avid collector and from what I understand has a pretty nice collection of mainly users. and mostly factory knives.

After talking with this young man. I agreed to make the knife. Randy Jr forged a awesome piece of damascus for the project.

HHH Custom Knives.
Recurve Hunter.
Explosion Damascus,
Birch burl bolsters
Custom ivory spacers
cross cut Brazilian Walnut handles
File work spine
Leather sheath By J.T.

WIPmeteorite126.jpg
WIPmeteorite133.jpg
WIPmeteorite135.jpg
WIPmeteorite136.jpg
WIPmeteorite143.jpg
WIPmeteorite142.jpg

Thanks for looking, as always comments and critiques welcomed.

Outstanding Randy! Im normally no a big file work fan but i gotta say wow on that pattern. The pins are a nice personal touch.

I just looked at this thread for the second time and noticed the H mosaic pins! SWEET!!! :D

I love this knife from end to end, great work guys!

That is super nice!!! Anyone would be glad to receive that knife. You and your son are very talented.

Thank you guys for the kind comments on the knife. It was such a pleasure to hand this to the Pastors son yesterday. I thought he might break down and cry.. I was sure happy he didnt. lol
smile.gif
I would of probably shed a tear with him. As making this one for his dad was pretty special for Jr. and I.

Anyways. Thanks again for the complements and taking the time to look at our work.

Man Randy, that's one awesome knife! Everything is impressive...from the design, pins, scales, filework and the steel itself. I'm sure it will be a huge blessing to the Pastor!!

Randy,
So far I have admired every thing you have come up with but I got to tell you this is my new favorite. WOW!!! The pastor that is getting this one is going to have a smile on his face that will be rejuvinated each time he takes a look at it. I believe that this will be his new favorite also. Excellent work on knife and sheath. Wade

Last edited:
Thank you Don and Wade, You guys are too kind, I appreciate the comments on our work. Truthfully, Randy Jr's steel stole the show!! :gunsmilie:here! His steel would make any knife look good!! :)

We are blessed to be a blessing!! I hope pastor loves it and enjoys using it as much as we did making it!!

Thanks again and God Bless!
Randy

I Challange you to top that one! Every thing is great. The file work is real sharp, the handle is outstanding, and the steel. I will let that speak for it's shelf.

Ill take that challenge!!! lol Thanks guys! I appreciate the complements. Im really happy with the way this one turned out..

Back