Carved ebony and damascus sculpted integral

toddmiller

This is the fanciest knife I have made. I went with a feather/ wing motif. It sort of reminds me of the Harley Davidson logo. It will go with me to Boise. It is 1080/15n20 feather pattern with a wrought iron butt cap. Again I want to Bruce Bump and Kevin Casey for their feather tutorials, and for Jim Cooper's light box. I would not being doing anything like this without all the generous sharing of knowledge. I hope to repay the favor in the future. The handle is ebony I believe, when I bought it the fellow thought it was bocote but I still lean toward ebony. Overall length is 17", the sharp part is 9 1/2" and the width is 1 3/4". Hope you like it. Thanks for looking. Todd Miller

Attachments

• DSC_0027.jpg
    DSC_0027.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0039.jpg
    DSC_0039.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 21
without exaggeration that is the most delicately beautiful knife I have ever seen. Seriously that one speaks to me.

Thanks for the comments. I was really pleased that the knife won the "Best art knife" at the Boise show. There was some talk that I should make a matching fork and steel and turn it into a carving set. It is an interesting idea, except I don't have more of that wood, whatever it is to match the handles. Thanks again for the kind words. Todd

Back