Long Range Fighter

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
This was a blade I've had for the last couple months. I had spotted a lot of alloy banding and had hopes of bring it out more but it never would work out the way I wanted. I decided to go ahead and antique it instead. Its got a 14 1/2" hand forged L-6 blade, iron fittings and a stabilized maple burl handle. Over all its 19 1/2" overall. It also has one of my two ply cowhide sheaths.

IMG_3825.JPG

IMG_3827.JPG

IMG_3828.JPG

Long range for sure, and distingushingly beautiful! Nice job, sweet looking handle too.

Eric

Hey Ray,
Down here in my neck of the woods/swamp that would make an excellent pig sticker or ,depending what area you live in, it would be a nice EDC.:p Great work as always. Wade

Ray - I love the way you have been taking a theme and playing with it's boundaries. You did that with the pukko style when you couldn't forge for awhile, and you have been doing it with bowie-style for awhile now. I think it is cool that you keep working around a theme and exploring it. Very well done, again. That is almost a short-sword. May be one, depends on how it is ground and feels really. It is big enough.

thanks for sharing.
Kevin

Ray - I love the way you have been taking a theme and playing with it's boundaries. You did that with the pukko style when you couldn't forge for awhile, and you have been doing it with bowie-style for awhile now. I think it is cool that you keep working around a theme and exploring it. Very well done, again. That is almost a short-sword. May be one, depends on how it is ground and feels really. It is big enough.

thanks for sharing.
Kevin

Kevin, I think of it more as a rifleman's knife. Not quite as long as a sword but you can still get the point. Here's another closer picture of the blade. I really like how L-6 antiques.

IMG_3832.JPG

Ray, that is one outstanding piece of work! I really like the blade and your S guard really sets it off. That looks like a museum piece from 160 years ago.

I'm not big on big knives . But I really like your guards and handles. And the blade looks good even if I don't like big blades, a well made knife.

Back