Weight: Knife 2oz,Knife and Sheath 6oz
Sheath: Back Pocket Design,9oz leather,handstiched and wetformed
Thanks for looking and all comments are welcome and appreciated
006-60.jpg

007-56.jpg

004-71.jpg

005-60.jpg

008-55.jpg

Nice- would think would be market to guys who do the sheep hunts, etc that lighten their rifles and watch every ounce...bet it wouldn't last long in an Anchorage sporting goods store.

That is some innovative thinking right there! I never thought about a skeletonized gut hook knife, but why not? I think you may be on to something that might just get you more work than you can handle. Good job!

Eric

Thanks Guys,
Some people like Skeleton knives and some don't,So far here I have gotten positive feed back but on another forum all negetive and on another no comments at all.
Thanks again

Very nice work!!!

You would be surprised at how many people like there hunting knives like that. I was at a gun show and had a guthook on the table that was polished, tapered and ready to be complete. I had it there to show other styles that I have. A guy came up and grabbed it and handled it and wanted to buy it on the spot. Needless to say I went home that night and made a sheath and sharpened it and marked it and delivered it the next day.

I have sold quite a few of them in Texas to Guides that I have hunted with.I have also included the Skeleton knife with a full size Hunter in the same sheath as well as putting one on the cover of a Hatchet.
As I said some like them some don't.
Thanks again
Very nice work!!!

You would be surprised at how many people like there hunting knives like that. I was at a gun show and had a guthook on the table that was polished, tapered and ready to be complete. I had it there to show other styles that I have. A guy came up and grabbed it and handled it and wanted to buy it on the spot. Needless to say I went home that night and made a sheath and sharpened it and marked it and delivered it the next day.

As you know if you've read my bio, I am a leatherworker. I am asking if anyone in the Texas Gulf area................ Houston, Galveston can build a fnife for me. In the world of leatherworking its call a head knife. If anyone is interested pm me, or e-mail barbedwireleather@sbcglobal.net Thanks for reading this post.:biggrin:

Like this?
003-57.jpg

You can probably buy one cheaper than haveing a maker make onre for you.They take a lot of steel.You need a piece 3/32"X5" X6" to make one.I have made four of them including this one I made 35 years ago.Good Luck
Thanks to all for the comments
As you know if you've read my bio, I am a leatherworker. I am asking if anyone in the Texas Gulf area................ Houston, Galveston can build a fnife for me. In the world of leatherworking its call a head knife. If anyone is interested pm me, or e-mail barbedwireleather@sbcglobal.net Thanks for reading this post.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Back