Slim Chance EDC

liontribe

this model was inspired by a knife i saw a long time ago in a book of japanese knives. don't remember the name or much of anything about it, except the shape. it just really spoke to me. it was so clean and simple, it had to work well. and it does. i have been carrying one for a few days now and it is a great little cutter. it is just shy of 8" long and i made this one from O-1 tool steel.

liontribe

SlimChance018.jpg

SlimChance20003.jpg

SlimChance019.jpg

I like the gentle sway of the finger area. It accents the curve of the blade. It looks as though it would cut very nicely. Great job!

Eric

thank you, sir. yeah, it is a good cutter and it fits the hand well. it almost reminds me of some type of kitchen knife.

liontribe

I can see why it would stick in your mind. It's a little slicer!

But I have to ask...what would a Fat Chance look like? :)

thanks for the kind words. -Stormcrow, i am afraid the Fat Chance would be too big for pocket carry. :biggrin: might need a belt sheath for that one.

liontribe

Really like that one Liontribe- that design 'speaks' to me too...looks like it's ready to cut something just sitting there...

thanks, that is my impression as well. i love japanese style blades. they seem so streamlined to me.

liontribe

Back