Primal Bowie and sheath - The Wasteland Crow Project

Stormcrow

I posted this Bowie a little while back:

primaltac1.jpg

It is forged from an F-250 coil spring, and is a bit more massive than I typically make my knives. 6" blade, triple veggie oil quench, triple temper cycles, hemp cord wrap, cotton cord Turk's heads, amber shellac. It helped put the phrase "primal/tactical" in my head, the fruits of which shall be forthcoming at some point in the near future.

A customer bought the Bowie and took my recommendation of having Noah Legel of Wasteland Leatherwork in Phoenix, Arizona make the sheath for it. I think Noah knocked it out of the park. We call our collaborative efforts "The Wasteland Crow Project" as a combination of our names we use on forums, Stormcrow and Wastelander.

In addition to the beautiful leather, Noah's better camera and photography skills helped capture the Bowie better than I could.

primal01.jpg

primal02.jpg

primal03.jpg

The customer was pleased with both the knife and the sheath.

That is a super cool knife sheath combo- excellent work and very artistic- love the shellac'ed cord and blade design and finish work.

Thank you! I think Noah's sheath matches perfectly with the aesthetics of the knife. I'm working out the design details on one of these with a green canvas Micarta handle for a customer. Kydex for that one, though. :)

I like the set-up a lot. I would like to make one suggestion on your sheath design however. I feel that the belt loop may be a bit too narrow. I like to make mine a tad more robust. Everything else is exceptional. JM2C -Troy

Messerist - I passed your comment about the belt loop to Noah. Here's what he said: "Thanks for the comments on the sheath, by the way! I did consider a wider belt loop but some people don't like them because they can get in the way of the belt loops on your pants, depending on where you carry it. I can definitely see the desire for a wider one and I can always do them on request :)."

Tod - No fears, we will. :) It's like our styles were made for each other's work.

Back