American Valor Outdoors

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
Just returned from our 6th annual deer hunt to benefit a wounded US war veteran. This year we were honored to have Sgt Adam Grandow, US Army as our guest. Adam was gravely injured when the Abrahams tank he was driving was destroyed by a large improvised explosive device in Iraq. After surgeries and lengthy rehab, he has limited mobility on his entire right side and suffers substantial hearing loss. Funds are raised locally by members of our hunting club and the Chicago Chapter of Safari Club Intl. The attached photo tells the rest of the story.

Steve

P.S. The hunt was conducted about 20 miles north of LaCrosse, Wisconsin and was filmed for a future episode of American Valor Outdoors TV. A program dedicated to the US military sportsmen and women.

Last edited:
what a great program steve.. you should be very proud to have taken part in this hunt. it takes a great person to do great things like this. keep up the good work my friend. next year lets raffle off a knife to help raise funds for the cause.

Jim, I appreciate the praise, but let's not waste it on crusty knifemakers like me. While I'm sitting on a stool trying to not grind my fingers off these men and women are sacrificing plenty to make this all possible.

Hey, does that rig of yours ever come to The Prairie State?

Thanks for posting that Steve, great to see folks do things like this! Nice buck too!!!

Steve,

Thank you for not only sharing the story but for also supposting this cause. I have been very blessed to have never been injured during my service in combat. Stories like this truely hit home for me and I am greatly appreciative of patriots such as yourself and your fellow club members who go the extra mile in support of my brothers and sister in arms.

Murph

Back