After a long time - #25 - 1/4 chronograph

papi

Hey everyone,

this thing was actually supposed to be finished on my b-day in August, but as always, deliveries on stuff work mysterious ways, and though the watch itself was finished, i waited two months for the strap to be finished, and after that came in, i found out the two months wait wasn't really worth it, because the strap was nothing like it should've been...

Anyway, i bought a strap, and put the whole thing together when i was home for a couple of hours last week, sent it off to my photographer friend, and here are the results of our combined efforts.

I meant this watch to be my b-day gift to myself, but i had so much fun making it, that although i love everything about it, i will let it go to a new owner, and make myself another one, just for the process of making :)

Some specs:

case: 45mm damasteel and titanium, damasteel for the base was forged out a bit to get some more interesting pattern, as was the stuff for the crown and pushers.
dial is Chad's stainless damascus i had left over from one of the other projects, and has a low layer count. It was etched very deeply to give it an 'old tree bark' feel, and covered with a DLC treatment. So was the rotor.

The center hands are all handmade, the chronograph second hand is painted Giallo Midas, a pearl paint used on Lamborghinis. I meant this watch to be mine, so i put in some pieces of stuff i love.

Movement is lightly decorated 7750 Valjoux

The buckle is re-forged damasteel as well, for the pattern to match the bezel as closely as possible.

DSC_6069.jpg

DSC_6071.jpg

DSC_6078.jpg

DSC_6082.jpg

DSC_6102.jpg

DSC_6092.jpg

Thank you for looking, and please feel free to let me know what you think.
Take care,
Ondrej

That is a gorgeous piece! I've got to say that's the first damascus watch I've ever seen, definitely the finest timepeice overall. Fantastic detail, all the machining and fit work is certainly a cut above what's required for fine knives...

Back