Modded War Chief.. another urban style

Dustin Turpin

This was built for a family member and has already seen some use, but thought it would be a good subject to practice my photography on. Been training myself a lot in knife photography and got me a shiny new DSLR. Still tweaking my light setup, but I am very happy with the results so far.

This is another standard configuration with stonwashed Ti slabs and acid washed blade. Just enjoy the combo a lot and makes for a great user. No anodizing on this one just a straight forward tumbled finish.

Yet again I discovered a whole new knife out of one of my old designs by free grinding. Taking a little off here and there until I felt the flow was just right.

Blade: 5/32" thick, little over 4" BL with about a 3.5" edge, CPM S35VN
Handle: .160 contoured Ti
OAL: 9"
Hardware: SS standoffs, 3/16" pivot, 1/8" hidden stop pin, and of course IKBS bearing system for rocket fire action.

With the IKBS and new lever configuration this thing explodes open. Looking forward to building the next one to complete my experimental batch. Will be changing the blade profile slightly with a more aggressive swedge.

Little off topic, but I added a pic of my setup modeled after the man himself Jim Cooper "Sharp by Coop" who is the king of knife photography in my opinion. Thing takes up half my office, but well worth it.

Link to higher res picture.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• turp_studio.jpg
    turp_studio.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 38
  • WarChief_Urban-01.jpg
    WarChief_Urban-01.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Back