Heretic Skinner

liontribe

this is a hunter/skinner design i came up with for this deer season. i try to do something different every year. this is the Heretic. OAL is 7.5" with a 4" blade. it is 1095, quarter inch steel with black/silver dymond wood scales.

liontribe

HereticSkinner014.jpg

HereticSkinner011.jpg

HereticSkinner002.jpg

I like this one a lot! Fantastic design. I can just see me using this on a whitetail! I wish I could afford to bribe you out of it.

Eric

thanks. the notch is just for aesthetics. i think it makes the profile more interesting. i just can't help being a bit odd. :steve:

liontribe

Not your typical deer skinner. I can see why "Heretic" is an appropriate moniker! I like this one. :)

Stormcrow, you are starting to read me like a book. - Lagrange- your inbox is full. you just come up with a workable number and we can deal. you are my kind of people. thanks all.

liontribe

Y'know, looking at this one and the one you did that I commented looked like a tooth or cutter out of a machine, and looking back at the kwaiken whose finger notch I said I'd like more rounded, I suddenly see that the way you made that finger notch was a reoccurring theme for your work. Taken in that context, it makes better sense and ties it further with your other work. A more rounded finger notch would tie in with the big choils I like to put on my blades.

It makes sense to me now!

Carry on. :biggrin:

Back