A couple for Boise

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
Its been a couple months since I've put any knives together. Just felt like making blades but no desire to do any assembling until now. Here's a couple with a different look. Both blades were hand forged to shape out of some of the finest saw steel I have on hand. The smaller blade is 3 1/2" with an overall length of 8". The other blade has a 4 3/4" blade and is 10" overall. One handle is curly maple and the other curly birch. Wrought iron fittings with two ply leather sheaths.

IMG_3810.JPG

IMG_3808.JPG

IMG_3809.JPG

I havent been on here in a while but I remembered your knives as soon as I seen the pics.
I also admire your work!

Those have got a very nice and consistent look to them. I love the patina on the hardware, dark wood, satin blades. Gorgeous knives.

Ray, I have always liked your style.

Mr Higgy, Haven't seen you around in years. Hope things are well with you. Are you getting back into making or just looking around?

Denny, I wish I had your empty freezer. Not sure what are filled with and I don't think my wife knows either. I'd like to put one of my cows in the freezer and there no room.

Here's a couple more from this same batch as the first two. One is ebony and the other is beef wood. Both are roughly 8" overall. One plan saw steel and the other a mix with saw steel in it.

IMG_3818.JPG

IMG_3812.JPG

IMG_3814.JPG

That ebony knife is sweet. That blade profile is what I see in my head when I hear "Raymond Richard."

Back