Rototiler Tines

Archer Moon

I found these rototiler tines in a scrap pile a while back. Just had the time last night to take the first one apart. There is two sets with 8 tines. Four right hand and four left hand! These are going to be fun!

0904111922.jpg1009112159.jpg

I beat the first one kind of flat. My forging stills are still new. Great cruve, but does not fit the hand very good. Feels good in the back hand, but little use that way.
1018112137.jpg

Was able to work a little bit on the peace, as this is not a knife yet. Did get the handle to flatten out a bit. It does fit the hand better. Still have a not right cruve to the point. I mess up and droped it in the water while it was still red hot. I hope it still works.
1021110710.jpg

On the next one you may want to try using the other side of the tine for your edge. As you hammer out the bevels the tip will naturally start to curve back. Sice you are starting on a curve, when you are done hammering the bevels you may have pretty close to a straight blade if that is what you want.

Startin to look pretty good , I have made a couple blades from tines , most are made from 5160-H . anxious to see how they turn out .

Hey Archer, to add pictures to Grafton's words for us "we need to see it to understand " people, here is a excellent drawing by Tai Goo that I've referred to for years...Thanks Tai........Randy

Forge a bowie by Tai.jpg

Back