Please pay attention in construction zones

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
Nobody on here knows me, but I thought I would share a little story. Two days ago I was out working at my real job (Survey Tech) locating existing center line of a large highway in Nova Scotia. A driver fell asleep at the wheel with cruse control set and drove right through the closed lane. I don’t know how fast he was going but the posted limit is 110km/h (68.75 Mph). I was standing a centerline doing my thing when I herd the truck run over the cones closing the lane. I ran for the median and was about to jump into the ditch when I realized he was also going the same way. I jumped back towards center and managed not end up in front of him. To quote the site supervisor "Don't bother buying a lotto ticket today. You used every ounce of luck you had today". The truck was a total right off and the driver was roughed up pretty good for having his seatbelt on. My whole point is PLEASE pay attention when driving through construction zones. We guys and gals who work on the roads appreciate drivers who slow down and try to give us as much room as possible. Yes I know everyone hates road construction and it will make you late, but the guy in my case ended up in the hospital and almost killed someone.

Brad

Back