Bad day in Lagrange

Lagrange

Yjos might not be the correct place to post this...but...

So after popping a few hundred rounds at some metal targets I go into the house to watch a little NASCAR on the tv with my son. We get all settled in and comfortable when I look up to see a car go flying by on the road in front of my house. Then I notice my dog rolling down the road behind it.
I get all bent out of shape and hurry out to see if he's okay. My teenage son beats me down to the road and picks up the yelping dog...who promptly bites down hard on his hand. Soon afterward he *the dog* goes fairly limp. Wimpering...and crying.

He's a Chuhuahua and Dauchsund mix...a chuweeny...just a little guy probably about 3lbs. with a great big heart. Took him to the vet...vet says he is bleeding internally. Started IV's and some shots and they keep him over night. Today they tell me they will call tomorrow, but he is doing well, and they want to keep him for further evaluation.

It might sound stupid or whatever, but I have been pretty messed up since it happened. I love that little guy. He is my buddy.

I just wanted to share with you guys...I thought if I told someone it would make me feel better.

Eric

I'm very sorry to hear about your little buddy Eric. I think most of us here understand the compassion and love we have for our four legged family members. They are deffinately more than just animals, they're contributing members of the family.

I pray that your little buddy will makes a speedy recovery.

sorry to hear that happened, but at least he is looking good. I have a chuweeny also and would be devastated if something happened to him. you and your buddy will be in my prayers.
-Cameron

One of the worst days of my childhood life is when our family dog was killed on the road. It doesnt seem to get better when it happens as an adult. It does help to talk about it. Hows the little guy doing today?

I had a Dacksund for 14 years. He was my first dog and a fantastic little guy!!! He shared his time between me and my wife.He only had a couple of real bad sickness days but my wife and I really got tied up when that happened and we then found out his time was limited. Any time I was recovering from being sick or an operation he had to be with me the total time. He would have to sleep with me at night. There was no way he would stay in his house. Now I wasn't sick but he wanted to sleep with me again. He spent three nights in bed with me and the morning after the third night went and laid under a hedge. He had never done that before. His time to be with us was over. My wife and I cried lots and now have misty eyes writting this. Frank

Sorry to hear about about your ordeal Eric. I hope your little buddy is okay. Some drivers should be driven over.!
Just a word of caution regarding dogs in shock. They ALWAYS bite if you handle them.
I am owned by three Daschunds. Two weeks ago my GSD @@@@@ grabbed one of the little females out of the blue and bit her badly. Poor thing had to undergo an emergency operation and came home patched up with 27 stitches. She also bit me when I picked her up.

Snoopy is home today. He is doing well but a bit sluggish. Doctor says he will be better in a few days.
I am so glad he is home.

Thanks for the kind words, I needed that.

Eric

Very happy to hear he is well. Give him a rub and a scratch for us.

Glad to hear the little guy is doing well.

I'm owned by three cats. They are family. It's always tough when one gets hurt.

I bet Snoopy is glad to be home too. Yep, scatch him behind the ears for us also. You might want to change his name to "Lucky"

Glad to hear he is doing good and getting better. Bruce might be onto something with that name change, lol. hope he is back to normal soon.
-Cameron

Glad your dog is back home and doing well. Anybody that would run over an animal and not stop is a lowlife in my book.

Eric, a couple more progress reports on Snoopy would be welcome. He IS family, and anyone who is worth a s*it is concerned.

Paul

Back