New Custom made grip for my compound bow... THANK YOU D.Douglas

BRad704

Old rubber loose-fitting grip OUT
New camo burlap micarta and walnut grip IN

D.Douglas sent me some Camo Burlap Micarta last week, and I thought it would be perfect for this little project. Also used stabilized walnut for the center and 3 1/8" mosaic pins for a little custom touch. :D

2011-10-02%25252016.46.03.jpg

2011-10-02%25252016.46.56.jpg

2011-10-02%25252017.04.40.jpg

2011-10-02%25252017.06.13.jpg

The whole rig.. Not a very clear picture unless you know what you are looking at... lol
Parker Extreme Hunter Mag
2011-10-02%25252017.06.33.jpg

Looks good Brad. I see a new business in the works for you. Post up on bowhunting forums.
How do you like that bow?
My buddy shot his lion (see pics in "miss Me" thread) with the same one at only 63#. Got total pass through with a 2-bladed Rage.

Steve

Thanks Steve!

I was talking to my dad last night about the whole "making custom grips" thing, and the problem is that bows change from year to year, and are rarely the same on the riser-side. I would have to have the entire bow for a day and find people locally who wanted a custom grip bad enough to pay for it. I've learned that custom work at reasonable prices, is rarely a good deal for the maker. :(

I posted up on Archery Talk in the DIY section, but that's really just more show-off than salesmanship.

This is my very first bow, bought last month (used) and I am Loving it! I had the cable replaced, changed from leechs to cat whiskers and made my own string stop so far, in addition to the grip. I'm able to get 3-4" groups at 35yrds.

I saw the pics in that other thread and that's IN-Freaking_SANE!!! :D I've heard good things about Rage 2-blades, but will end up hunting this year (IF I get to go) with something fixed like a 3 blade Muzzy...

brad i build custom strings and same deal there different on every bow brace hight/riser/length its hard to keep up,the only thing i make for a bow custom that really does not change is the wrist sling. and that handle looks great good job on that.

Thanks Franklin... I did the wrist sling on this one too. Although, now that I am shooting GT's that came with red and white vanes, I am thinking about doing another one to match those. Is that obsessive? :D

I am going to replace my strings after this season... Do you sell yours through a site? or just do them locally?

Hey Brad, Thats awesome idea for the micarta. I was just out shooting my bow a few minutes ago. Deer season just opened up in Illinois on Saturday. A few people i know missed some nice deer because they didnt practice shooting enough. Im ready after tonights shoot. Im a fixed blade muzzy man when it comes to broadheads. 100 grain. Never failed me yet.

brad yes i sell them no sight just word of mouth,and cables if you want i can show you a easy string maker to build,strings are not hard just need to now the little things to make really good strings pm me and i can show you a few pics, like the wrist sling i made mine from leather with a snap so i don't have to remove with stabilizer every time.

Nice talking about bows I’m getting mine soon but will be all traditional, will post some pics for you guys of mine when I get it, its a local bow manufacturer and a friend of mine here in South Africa, and is he’s bows are pretty and shoot great!! I think it is a Scythian-style recurve 50pound with 30" draw length like the pic I attached. I’m looking forward to shoot with my own bow and not to borrow anymore from my buddy!!

recurve-pic-1.jpg

talking slings heres the one i was telling you about have one thats dyed blk and with blk snaps for hunting

Attachments

• 100_2976.jpg
    100_2976.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_2977.jpg
    100_2977.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 6
Cool idea!

I thought about putting a clip on one side of mine, but it was more of an afterthought, and isn't a big deal to back one side out of the leather...

Back