got one ready for HT today

J.Leclair

This one is a hunter in 1/8" 440c. This is my first attempt at an angled plunge line and I think it looks good.
8" OAL with a 4" blade hollow ground on a 10"wheel. I ordered a block of "private stash"stabilized redwood burl from burlsource that will easily handle this knife, and the matching one I'm doing in full flat grind.
IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

Will be on it's way to Rob at knifemaker.ca for HT later this week.

looks good always liked the angled grinds,only thing is the plunge lines look awfully close to the spine but you now better then us how the spine looks its a very nice design cant wait to see it done.

I am soo all about angled plunge lines. One thing I will warn you about...if this is your first knife with an angled plunge be careful when you get ready to sharpen it. Without a relief notch on the lower edge of the plunge you might be scraping the edge of the plunge accidentally. Nasty mistake if you attempt to put an edge on the knife with a belt grinder.
Not trying to knock your knife...which looks good...but be mindful of the angle and you will be fine.

Eric

Franklin; the pics make the plunge look deeper at the top than it is. looking down on the spine there is no cut in just a nice smooth distal taper.

Lagrange; thanks for the tip. I was kinda already thinking the same. A little painters tape in the areas of concern and all will be fine.

Last edited:
Back