Full tang knife blank from Canada...

gjclayton

I have a couple of Spalted English Beech scales that I am looking to use on a full tang knife blank.

Anyone here know where I can pick up that kind of thing in Canada? Handmade would be great too but my budget it probably no more than $100.

Not sure of the exact size of the blanks right now but I will update with this.

Thanks!

GJC

Not in Canada unless its custom made. Frank

Jeese. Canada is like the rest of the developed western world was 5-6 yrs ago in regards to online shopping and the availability of the things I want?!

It's good in some ways as you shop more locally but seriously restrictive too.

Import duties are quite high too aren't they? Can't buy it in Canada, can't afford to buy it in America...!

GJC

I'm in Victoria, BC, which is obviously as far out West as I can get!

I would love to support Canadian knife makers. I am also looking to Michael Morris in the States though to see if he supplies blanks of his own designs.

Cheers

How far do you live from the Canadian/US border?
In order to avoid the high duty fees, you can have something shipped and held at a US post office close to the border.
Then you would have 30 days to go pick it up.
Perfectly legitimate.

How far do you live from the Canadian/US border?
In order to avoid the high duty fees, you can have something shipped and held at a US post office close to the border.
Then you would have 30 days to go pick it up.
Perfectly legitimate.

Thanks for the idea. I live on an island so any trip to America is a bit of a hassle. I had to leave Canada, go to the USA (Port Angeles) and then re-enter to sort my VISA out the other day. Its not expensive but not like just trippin over the border in a car.

I might think about that though. Would be useful as I am sure I will be heading to the states at some point. I suppose I could always just get it sent to a friend who lives there too. Lots of solutions. Just not as easy as a one stop internet shop!

So anyone suggest a good knife maker in the States? I know there must be lots. Plus; anyone familiar with Michael Morris' knives? Does he supply blanks of his designs?

Check with Stan moizis@telus.net He lives in Vancouver does very good work in all sorts of styles and shapes and will be very reasonablre in his pricing. I believe he would do as much or as little as you want done. Frank

Back