Ancient Faith

liontribe

just finished this one today. first time using Cru Forge V steel. my kwaiken style with a straight spine and a weathered finish. it wears dark copper colored wrap over natural alligator underlay. this one was very fun to make.

liontribe

AncientFaith017.jpg

AncientFaith024.jpg

I like it. It just has a flow that is inviting... asthetically pleasing as well as functional. Good job!

Eric

Now see, I like that except for the angular finger notch. The edges are rounded. If you followed that curve to make it a full half circle, it wouldn't interrupt the flow like this does to my eyes.

Other than that, I really like and have been planning on doing something similar. :)

thanks, these knives feel great in hand. i am planning several variants with this basic shape soon.

liontribe

here is one that may have a better flow to the lines. this is for a customer on another forum. he wanted the weathered finish and a red underlay with black wrap. i took a bit of the natural gator and was able to dye it a nice blood red. this one is about 10" long and has a nice heft to it.

liontribe

RedBlack021.jpg

RedBlack018.jpg

Looks good! I liked the other one too, just felt it needed a more circular finger notch. What steel is this?

this one is 1095, quarter inch stock. it really took a great weathered finish. the customer specified that he wanted a black and red handle treatment and i was unsure of how that would look, but it came out well i think. the blood red alligator does really look like blood to me. i have a guy asking for blue ostrich now. that should be wild looking. thanks for the input, Stormcrow. i really like your work and appreciate the comments. i haven't actually pounded any steel in years, but you are giving me that itch again. that is how i started making knives and slowly went to almost all stock removal. gotta get back to my roots soon.

liontribe

I really like the wrap. The overall form struck me too. Something about the straight back and then the arc of the blade and handle. Very nice.

Thanks! After taking insiration from so many different makers through the years, it's nice to be giving some inspiration back. I like what you do and am curious to see some forging from you.

The red 'gator does look like dried blood...in a good way! That blue ostrich is going to be interesting for sure.

Back