A fork in the road...

I apologies for posting a new thread here in The Dog Run, you see I am a stranger in a small town, and I don't have any friends here. If you read the last post I made, you may get an idea what is going on in my life.

My journey comes to another crossroads now. You see, yesterday I had to blow off a welding test at Rocky Mountain Welding because my wife and I are on the outs, and I was packing to head out of state. I felt bad for blowing the test off, as it's basically a foot in the door for a hard to get job. How can I refuse a good job, even if the other aspects of my life have completely changed? A very hard decision indeed. But I felt I had already made my choice.:15:

Today my truck is packed, and I was waiting for a guy to come over and buy my welder. I went to the local store to get a cup of joe and ran into Rick, the foreman at Hatfield Manufacturing. I had applied there two weeks earlier, he gave me a full interview, but said that he wasn't ready to hire anyone yet and would call me...

Rick said he wants me to come in for a welding test at his plant Monday morning 6:30 am. I told him that I was packed and ready to head out because my marriage was over, and I had a place in Arkansas. His question was: "Ok, but do you have a job in Arkansas?" Well I don't, and it hit me; how can I blow off TWO welding jobs, just because my wife and I have separated?! And it hits me I CANT!! I wont! Something divine has happened here!

Does prayer work? Well if you ask me, I will tell you that it is the most powerful force in the universe! And the advice of a mentor is the oil, that keeps us moving along!

Thanks for letting me vent, and tell my story folks. I thank you all for your support, and feel that soon I will be able to go back to what I really love, and that is hammering hot steel!! :lol:

Funny how another rope appears just when you reach the end of the one that you've been hanging from. Glad to hear that something has turned for you and your future. I'm at the point of looking around for another rope myself. Best of luck to you.

I hope that rope swings your way soon Justin, sometimes we must seek the wisdom from a higher source so to speak. Thanks for the gift of luck, and I return the favor, wishing you the luck needed in your endeavor! In everyone's endeavor!

I appreciate that and could certainly use the luck. Gotta keep moving forward at any rate. Situations, good or bad, are all temporary. If you don't like the one you have it's time to start making another.

I wish you both the very best of luck with whatever decisions you make. There's an old saying, "If it is to be it is up to me".

Sorry to hear of closing doors, but thank God for the open ones.
Now, don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that your predicament is funny in the least, but your story of opportunity and divine intervention did remind me of a joke:

It had been raining for days and days, and a terrible flood had come over the land. The waters rose so high that one man was forced to climb onto the roof of his house.

As the waters rose higher and higher, a man in a rowboat appeared, and told him to get in. “No,” replied the man on the roof. “I have faith in the Lord, the Lord will save me.” So the man in the rowboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and suddenly a speedboat appeared. “Climb in!” shouted a man in the boat. “No,” replied the man on the roof. “I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me.” So the man in the speedboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters continued to rise. A helicopter appeared and over the loudspeaker, the pilot announced he would lower a rope to the man on the roof. “No,” replied the man on the roof. “I have faith in the Lord, the Lord will save me.” So the helicopter went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and eventually they rose so high that the man on the roof was washed away, and alas, the poor man drowned.

Upon arriving in heaven, the man marched straight over to God. “Heavenly Father,” he said, “I had faith in you, I prayed to you to save me, and yet you did nothing. Why?” God gave him a puzzled look, and replied “I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you expect than that?”

Unfortunately, it's true too often that we beg God for assistance, yet we overlook it when it stares us right in the face.

Sorry to hear of closing doors, but thank God for the open ones.
Now, don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that your predicament is funny in the least, but your story of opportunity and divine intervention did remind me of a joke:

It had been raining for days and days, and a terrible flood had come over the land. The waters rose so high that one man was forced to climb onto the roof of his house.

As the waters rose higher and higher, a man in a rowboat appeared, and told him to get in. “No,” replied the man on the roof. “I have faith in the Lord, the Lord will save me.” So the man in the rowboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and suddenly a speedboat appeared. “Climb in!” shouted a man in the boat. “No,” replied the man on the roof. “I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me.” So the man in the speedboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters continued to rise. A helicopter appeared and over the loudspeaker, the pilot announced he would lower a rope to the man on the roof. “No,” replied the man on the roof. “I have faith in the Lord, the Lord will save me.” So the helicopter went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and eventually they rose so high that the man on the roof was washed away, and alas, the poor man drowned.

Upon arriving in heaven, the man marched straight over to God. “Heavenly Father,” he said, “I had faith in you, I prayed to you to save me, and yet you did nothing. Why?” God gave him a puzzled look, and replied “I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you expect than that?”

Unfortunately, it's true too often that we beg God for assistance, yet we overlook it when it stares us right in the face.

Great story! I got a laugh from that!

I feel very humbled by the twists and turns in the road, Hatfield Manufacturing hired me today. I worked like a mule! :lol: I hit the wall twice, Once before lunch, and an hour and a half before end of the shift. Our 4 man crew did 800 pieces of thin walled pipe 15 foot pieces with two mandrel bends, no kidding!! My ass is kicked! Dang near exploded my left index finger tip, that'll show me not to put my fingers in unforgiving places! :lol:, I'm going to get about 10 hours of sleep and do it all over again tomorrow.:31:

Talk at you folks soon, thanks friends!!

Back