Boise Knife Show in October

Burl Source

Forum Owner & Moderator
Last year was the first for the Boise Knife Show.
For me it was one of the most enjoyable shows I have attended so far.
I have had a sheltered life so far, only west coast shows.

A few questions for the knife makers.
Will you be attending this year?
Did you go last year?
What did you think?

I really liked the show because;
there were some really good makers
I got to meet a lot of you guys
Sold a lot of wood
....and the rooms at the Marriott were great.

Hey Mark, I'll be doing the show again this year. For a first time show I thought it was well attended and very well advertised locally last year. I've got my fingers crossed that more people bring there wallets this year. I've heard that Motel 6 will leave a light on so I plan to take them up on the offer this year. I don't need a spa or a blow dryer for my hair. :D

Last year they had a show special rate at the Marriott Residence for about half price.
This year it works out to about $70 a night for a suite with a kitchenette.
Getting the same room as last year.
It had a kitchen, living room with a phone and tv, bedroom with a phone and tv, and a big bathroom.

Bruce needing to outdo everyone else had a phone in his bathroom as well.

We're going again this year. The drive from Walla Walla to Boise is breathtaking but the show itself was terrific. The foot traffic was good all three days and the combined years of experience in that room must be in the thousands. Without the big time makers there are no big time collectors. This show has both. Its a must go plus there are activities for makers like myself that cant cut a 2 by 4 in less than 10 seconds, there is a "knife Makers Challenge" coarse for any type of knife with a certificate of completion at the end. It should be entertaining for all enthusiasts. We'll see you all there.

OH, Raymond Richard and I did a Collaboration, His world class hand forged blade on my contoured gaurd and stag tapered handle.

Here is the Rocky Mountain Custom Knifeshow website. http://www.rockymountainknifeshow.com/

Last edited:
Back