Shout out to my mentor Bubba-San

Life is an amazing journey, and it's important to look forward when things get tough. Listen to the advice of those that have been there, and try not to over-think a given situation. I often over-think, and find out that I have caused myself to get deeper into trouble. Oh boy...:steve:

After traveling some 900 miles to a small town in Idaho, on a sort of romanticized journey to reunite with my wife of 14 years, the reality of our incompatibility came back into the picture. I love the woman, and she professes her love to me even though she is sure we cannot be together. I'm not sure if she has moved on, and is with another man, and cannot find the courage to just say so. Or if there is really an odd bit of chemistry, sort of hot, and cold at the same time. It's a situation that makes one question if he/she is even able to love another at all, but don't give up!

Long story short, my wife and I have decided to part ways, for the third time. I will pack it up once again, and hit the road, the journey continues. The lesson learned however is the most important thing that I can come to terms with. Live, to live the journey, for yourself, for the ones you love, and the creation we are blessed with. Don't hold a grudge just because you cannot live in a jar, or box with another loved one, we must always be free!

So wish me luck as I travel some 2,000 miles to my home town in the Arkansas Ozarks, with my trusty 16 year old wire haired dog sitting shotgun. I pray for godspeed, and a journey that teaches me not to question love, or life, but to embrace it, and learn from it while I can.

Most importantly, Thank you Bubba-San, for teaching me not only the ways of steel, but the ways of life when I can no longer seek wisdom from my deceased love ones. Thank you for listening, and being there to teach. Take it from me folks, if you ever think about doubting the wisdom of those that have been there, you will learn the hard way guaranteed. (case in point lol :steve:)

Take care all!

Best of luck on your journey. When you make it home to the Ozarks, give us a shout. We have regular get togethers in Little Rock and often have two or three guys get together for a little blade oriented fun from shop to shop throughout the state.

Hey Kyle , I am glad you decided to come back East , I wish you luck and God Speed . Give me a call when you get home .

Best Regards Bubba

Thanks! I will definitely come down to Little Rock once I get settled in Murph, and I will keep in touch on my way Bubba-san. Looks like I will be headed back through Utah, then Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, and nicking the corner of Missouri on the way home to Arkansas.

PHEW! And I will be looking for my pillow when I get to my cabin! A log would probably do by then! LOL!

What little corner of the Ozarks are you returning home to? I spend a day or three per month up in Mountain View.

What little corner of the Ozarks are you returning home to? I spend a day or three per month up in Mountain View.

My home is 8 miles south of Ozone, Ar, off HWY 21 and a mile or two into the woods.

I'm waiting for a guy to buy my Lincoln mig welder so I have some money when I get home. So it looks like I will hit the interstate in the morning, need to rest up going to be a long haul.

I will be setting up shop ASAP. Then I will chop wood, and carry water as I seek enlightenment. :lol:

Hmmmmmm, I had never heard of Ozone, Ar. Ater consulting my trusty GPS, I see that it's not but about a little over an hour up the road from me (I live in Conway). I'll be driving thru your neck of the woods in a few weeks when I leave for a training exercise.

Hmmmmmm, I had never heard of Ozone, Ar. Ater consulting my trusty GPS, I see that it's not but about a little over an hour up the road from me (I live in Conway). I'll be driving thru your neck of the woods in a few weeks when I leave for a training exercise.

Looks like we may have to meet up sometime next year, I just got the second job offer for a welding job here in Wendell, I take the welding test Monday and and the job is mine unless I completely botch the work (no jinxes!) I got this!!!:3: I can weld in my sleep, upside down in the rain....:55: Well maybe not but I'm confident about this, and have a good feeling!

I think It would be a good idea to work here through the winter, and head out in the spring with a little more cash in the bank. I appreciate the pick me up folks!

Back