My first knife show HELP PLEASE

sambino

In october 2012 God willing I will be taking part in my very first knife show, I dont know where to start ( besides making knife ) all your help is welcome,tips on the knives,the marketing ,etc etc
Thanks in advance

A lovely city in which to attend a knife show.

Some knife show basics: Use a solid color cloth on your display table. Make sure it completely covers the table.

Don't make the table appear crowded. Display 6 or 8 knives at the most. Keep the table top uncluttered.

Each knife should have a nicely made card containing information about the knife including the price.

Each knife should come with a sheath; it should be displayed with the knife.

Business cards are a must, showing who you are and what you do

Stand behind or in front of your table as much as you can. People like to be engaged.

Know your material, understand what you are talking about.

If permitted; have a small bowl containing candies on your table beside your business cards.

Have fun, take plenty to drink; you get dry talking for two days.

Thank you very much for the advice I was not sure what to do at the contrary of USA here knife shows are very few and far so I want to make the best of it

Thank you very much for the advice I was not sure what to do at the contrary of USA here knife shows are very few and far so I want to make the best of it

You are most welcome. Let us know how you enjoy your first show.

One last thing; do not measure your success by the number of knives you sell. Enjoy each conversation that you have with people who stop by your table.

Fred

I belive that even if I dont sell much the learning experience will be very good , clearly for the time been I will keep my day time job:biggrin:

Back