Deer Bone Dagger

Wade Hougham

The handle is a deer leg bone with natural gut sine wrap and the blade is 5 layers of 1080 and 15n20. Blade length is 4 1/4" and the total length is 9 1/2". I made this to go with the deer jaw hawk.

I love the blade shape..and even the look of the metal on the blade. It compliments the hawk perfectly.
How is the balance of the knife? It appears that it would be fairly even. I know that deer bone is not that heavy. Looks like it would be quick in the hand.
Absolutely sweet job Wade.

Eric

:9:Wade now thats WAY cool. Send me some of the pills you take to come up with those ideas. KT :9:

Those are awesome creations Wade...works of art for sure. That jaw bone hawk looks like it's from Apocalypto- great work.

Your comments have really started my day off with a warm feeling in my heart. For that I thank you all.
Eric, with the handle being a little longer than the blade the balance point is in the middle.
KT, I have been looking at this jaw bone for a year and a half until finally coming up with this. And it was inspired by an old Native American photo of a similar design. No pills, this time.
Ausbrooks, It makes me happy to hear comments like yours, thank you.
Keith, You are a man of many words. The words you do use mean alot, thank you.
Wade

Back