Couple fixed blades

D.Douglas

The first couple of customs to come off my bench. I did everything but the profiling. The first picture is durawood in 1/8" 1080. Gave this one to a buddy for helping with my grinder. The other one i posted before but here it is with the engraved pins. Im kinda looking forward to winter this year. Find a little time in the shop i hope. A big thanks to Ernie on my new etching stencils. You guys were not kidding. He takes care of business. A pleasure to do business with.
016.jpg
[/IMG]
011.jpg
[/IMG]
013.jpg
[/IMG]

Those are really nice Doug. Did you do the engraving yourself or did you have it done outside?
I like your stencil. I think I'm going to have Ernie do some for me.
Terrific job, keep it up!

Eric

Doug, I was expecting to only see engraving work, but you make knives TOO?!?!?! :)

I can't quit looking at that second one. Love the handle material and Love the engraving work! You done good!

Thanks guys. Ive got some more ideas for engraving those pins. Kind of doing a basket weave pattern like the canvas was an after thought.I ll try and get a few more done with those big pins.
Lagrange, Yes. I was an engraver first. Sheath maker second and knifemaker last. Seems backwards.

Back