Coffin Dagger 2nd Knife Finished

hey everyone, just finished my second knife today and thought i'd share it with all of ya. the blade is 3/16" thick 154CM hardened to 58-60 HRC, the OAL is ~8" with a blade length of ~3.5". it has carbon fiber scales. both sides are currently unsharpened because i'm not too great at sharpening and i'd rather not screw up the knife after putting so much work into it so i'll either find someone to sharpen it up for me or leave it to the possible buyer to sharpen if anyone is interested in purchasing it. next step is a concealex sheath but i need to order some material first then i'll deal with that but for now it'll stay sheath-less. both edges on the blade are the same thickness for now so really its up to whoever buys it whether they want it to be a single sided edge or double. lemme know what you all think. thanks

-Vendetta

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

Last edited:
lemme know what you all think. thanks

-Vendetta

Vendetta, It's a good second effort. Nice shape to blade and handle both. Let me give you some
things to focus on for your next one.

-Second knives are for learning not for selling so don't worry too much about messing up your effort.
-Single edge knives are much easier to learn on. Plus, they're legal.
-Mark out your blade and practice your plunge cuts. Grinder or chainsaw file. Don't hide them under the scales.
It's the first place a trained eye will look. It takes lots of practice.
-Include a Ricasso.
-Get some sandpaper and put some real effort into hand finishing your blade (to 600 grit or finer). It makes a huge
difference in the quality of the finished product.
-Practice your sharpening skills on some scrap. When you're confident with your result then sharpen
that blade and use it. You'll learn alot by really beating up some blades.
-Keep and treasure your first knife. The ones after that are to push yourself to improve your skills.
-Pick some pictures of knives you like and copy them as best you can. It's a good way to develop your ability.

Hope these help.
Again, nice effort,
David

I can honestly say that a double edged blade can be difficult. You've done a good job.
David has offered some very valuable advice. You have talent and obviously desire the rest will come with practice. I keep telling myself that.

Eric

Back