Hometown Hero Build - Makers Recruiting Drive

Bill T

I'm going to start this thread to keep a running list of Makers , Donors and volunteers of any aspect .
I'll update it as changes occur ..

First I'll list Donors :​
Aldo the New Jersey Steel Baron 49 Blades - 52100​
Tracy - USA Knifemakers Supply 50 Pair Micarta Scales , Brown​
Travis - Precision Plus 25 pair SS and 25 pair Brass Corby's Lg​
Brad - Peter's Heat Treating

Makers :​
1) Justin King _________ Knives - 2 , HT-Peter's , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - ?​
2) Patrick ______________Knives - 1 , HT - Own , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - Yes​
3) Rudy Joly ___________Knives - 3 , HT - Own , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - ?​
4) Lagrange____________ Knives - 1 , HT - Own , Kydex - No, Recipient name - ?​
5) Randy HHH_________ Knives - 3 , HT - Own , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - ?​
6) Steve Janik _________ Knives - 3 , HT-Peter's , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - ?​
7) Big Smitty __________Knives - ? , HT - ?, Kydex - ?, Recipient name - ?​
8) Mike Carter__________ Knives - 5 , HT-Peter's , Kydex - maybe, Recipient name - ?​
9) Max Cutter __________Knives - 3 ?, HT - Own , Kydex - No , Recipient name - yes , 5​
10) Jim Coffee __________Knives - 1 , HT - Own , Kydex - J , Recipient name - ?​
11) Rodney J __________Knives - ? , HT -? , Kydex - ? , Recipient name - ?​
12) Denny _____________ Knives - 2 , HT-Peter's , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - ?​
13) Sean Cochran______ Knives - 3 , HT-Peter's , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - ?​
14) Uncle Billy _________ Knives - 2 , HT - Peter's , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - Yes​
15) James Terrio _______Knives - 3 , HT-Peter's , Kydex - maybe , Recipient name - ?​
16) Brad704 ___________Knives - 1 , HT-Peter's , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - ?​
17) Ausbrooks _________Knives - 1, HT - Own , Kydex - No , Recipient name - ?​
18) Bill T _____________ Knives - 4 , HT-Peter's , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - Yes
19) Jerry Bond ________ Knives - 2 , HT - Peter's, Kydex - no, Recipient name - ?
20) Franklin ___________Knives - 1 , HT - Own , Kydex - Try , Recipient name - ?
21) G. Shahan _________ Knives - 2 , HT - ? , Kydex - N , Recipient name - ?​
22) LR "Butch" Harner__Knives - 1, HT - Own , Kydex - ? , Recipient name - ?​
23) Josh Dabney _______Knives - 2, HT - Own , Kydex - Yes , Recipient name - Y
24) D. Douglas ________Knives - 1, HT - ? , Kydex - No , Recipient name - ?​

Recruiting Office Name Getters :
1) Bill T
2) Justin King
3) Denny
4)

Design Submissions :​
1) Big Smitty
2) Lagrange
3) Denny
4) Randy HHH
5) Steve Janik
6) Ausbrooks
7) BRad704
8) Lagrange #2
9) Franklin
10) Jerry Bond
11) Justin King
12) Mike Carter
13) Pieter

If I put you down for something wrong , or incomplete , please let me know ..​

Last edited:
OK, Postage Breath, put me down as a recruiting office name getter, too. Just bear in mind that the last time I went into a Marine Recruiter's Office I blinked and then some little dudes were shooting at me.

Bill,

I havent been around much I didnt see this one.
I would be glad to help if needed.

Greg Shahan

Thank you Uncle Billy and G. Shahan . We're priviledged to have you . Mike you and anyone else who'd like to make more than 1 , please let me know ..I'll have you all up to speed by this weekend . I'll be outlining everything then or by early next week .

If you don't have enough makers, I'd be happy to make an extra knife or two as well.

I do need help with getting Kydex sheathes made; and probably will need a name(s) for recipient(s).

You Guys are all Awesome !! Thanks ! We'll figure out the sheath thing soon enough .

Hello, I hope this is not too long-winded or sappy.

I am a Poolee at the USMC recruitment office that Bill T has been visiting. I just wanted to thank him, and all of you for what you are doing. The impact of something like this only reaffirms the reasons that many of us enlisted for, before, and I am sure after bootcamp. I cannot to any degree of satisfaction put into words how amazing it is that there are people out there like you guys.

Any of us can go out and buy a knife after boot camp, or even right now. That there is a group out there willing to donate their time and efforts to actually make something for recently graduated Marines – people who they may not even know – makes it mean so much more. The tools we encounter on our journey from Poolee to Marine will always be tools, but because of your efforts these knives are much more than that. They are heirlooms. This is not something any amount of money can ever buy.

When I am asked why I enlisted, I often feel like I cannot put into words all of the reasons. Bravado would dictate that the correct answer is to scream loudly “To KILL!”, but that is not the real answer. There is patriotism, want to defend our country, a whole medley of ideas that I try to express to them, but none of them are the real answer either... The real reason is because of folks like you. People that make kids ready and willing to risk everything because they truly believe there are people out there that make it worth doing so. I am sure, from browsing your forums, that many of you have served, and this may resonate with your reasons for doing so.

I only hope that each of us can through our actions repay the gift you have given us.

Thank you,

A grateful RSS Westchester Poolee.

Great to hear from you Poolle. Its a honor and pleasure to have you here. Your words ring true today and always.

Bill If you need someone to make a few more sheaths. I would be happy to. Let me know.

God Bless America and our soldiers, and there family's!

Our prayers and support will be with you always!
Randy Haas

Wow , I've reread the Poolee's post at least 5 times .. and have even started to reply a number of times .. words really do escape me ..
Thank you Poolee , whoever you are ..​

I have to tell you guys , you're really missing out if you have a Recruiting Office nearby .. and you don't take some time to meet some of these young people ..​

I feel like I'm the only one having fun ..:biggrin:​

Much like Bill, Ive re-read that post several times.
Poolee, I feel like makeing you or someone like you a knife, is the very least that I can do and certainly its no where near what you deserve.
Thank you, for your service. May God bless and watch over you.

Sean

Back