TESTING MY HEAT TREATER.....check it out.. WAY COOL

Jim Coffee

First off i want to say Michael Omachearley does ALL my heat treating and I was just wondering how good it really was, So the other day I was in the shop cleaning up and found this old ruck 110 knife that i had laying around and a light went off, I wonder if my knife could cut that one in half.... Well the test was on and it only took a couple seconds and it was all over with. laying the ruck 110 on its spine and my o-1 tool steel blade edge to edge and a 3 pound sledge hammer after only 4 hits my blade was half way thru the mass produced knife and when the angle of my hollow grind got in about 1/4" the most produced knife ever made just exploded and mine had very little damage

LONG STORY SHORT.. HEAT TREATING IS EVERYTHING IN A KNIFE....

And Michael, more blades are coming next week as every week. Keep up the great work

contact Michael if you really want to know that your blade is heat treated right....

some spelling maybe wrong.....

Last edited:
I got a big smile on my face reading your post. Isnt it nice to know that the knife you made out performs the big guys?

Eric

Yea Eric, I had no idea what would happen but was very pleased with the results now I know what I'm building and can be confident it will perform.....

Back