Branson Knife Show and Hammer-In

mike miller

KNIFE MAKER
Gary Mulkey is hosting the Shepherd of the Hills show again September 24 and 25. It has a knife show and hammerin combo.Cutting competition. I will see if I can get Gary to get in with more info.

Ya boy it's a good time. Are you going mike. On Friday night we meet up at gary's house on the side of that dang hill and do some forging( B.S ING ) to. I know I get to the show late and leave early because the trout are always biting below table rock dam.

Think we have everything ready this year. At least we enjoy the company and get to see how everyone is doing their thing. Mike

We met at the Shepherd of the Hills Friday afternoon and made our way out to Gary's forge that evening. Even Aldo had a chance to do his first billet of damascus. Robert Washburn was wore out helping him by the time they were able to get it finished. Gary helped grind it smooth in between folds so it would turn out all right. Few pictures added.Aldos ride.jpgMulkeys forge.jpgwATCHING THE DAMASCUS.jpg

Aldos ride looking out from the Shepherd of the Hills. Gary Mulkey grinding that billet down. Jim Krause and Harvey King adding their support for the forging by staying safely out of range.
Jim Crowell made it out to the forge that evening and did a demo the next day of forging out a clip poInt blade. Brion Tomberlin heat-treated a blade to demonstrate how to get one to pass the Bladesmith Socciety bending test. Tom McGinnis brought down some Burr King grinders to show how they do their thing.

Devin Price won the cutting competiton with the first time he has entered one. Kyle Royer came in second.

Chuck Ward took many pictures during the demos and I'm sure we will see them soon.

Last edited:
Back