Lebuk

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
LEBUK stands for law enforcement back up knife.
A Kentucky Wildlife Officer approched me at The Guild Show last year, he was looking for a small fixed blade knife that was small enough to be completely concealed behind his ammo pouch that he wears on the left front of his pistol belt, to be used as a weapon in the event that someone attempted to get his pistol out of the holster. He would grab the bad guys hand with his right hand and keep the pistol in the holster while grabbing the knife from behind the ammo pouch and stabbing the bad guy in the hand/ arm/ head or where ever to make him turn the pistol loose.Working with him over a period of about 6 or 8 months we developed this knife and sheath. After using the prototypes for several months and sending them back for changes this is the result of our efforts.

The blade is Sandvik 13C26 stainless @ Rc 58.5,2 1/2" long, .103" thick and 13/16" wide with a bead blasted finish and a tanto grind, the handle is carbon fiber, the guard is 410 stainless and the 0-80 screws are stainless as well. The sheath is .094 Kydex with solid brass rivets and is attached to the pistol belt with zip ties and can be worn on left or right side.

Any questions or comments are welcome, ya'll enjoy.

I like it Calvin. It's all buisness and no fuss. A serious blade for serious situations.

Eric

Calvin way cool that you worked with a LEO to build him a custom fixed tactical EDC. Looks very fast handling, which I'm sure what wanted, and nice work as usual.

Calvin,
Nice stout little back up. Looks like it would even open a can of peaches without being slowed down. Wade

Calvin,
That's a slick rig there, looks like it has an attitude. I wouldn't want to be the bad guy on the pointy end of that thing. Thanks for sharing!
Bruce

Mean looking little back up, Calvin. It ought to do the job for the officer real well. Any drunk poachers that reach for the officer's pistol are in for a big surprise.

And that is why you go for a custom knife. It is *custom*, made to your specifications. I like the story of its development!

Thank you all for your'e kind words. I hope this knife catches on with law enforcement folks, I think it will serve them well for the purpose that it is intended (stabbing the bad guy that deserves it), it will also serve well as an EDC knife for a multitude of uses.

Very nice Calvin, what is the overall length? Thanks for showing

The knife is 5 3/4" overall, it has to be less than 6" to be conceled behind the ammo pouch, this was very important to the wildlife officer who advised me on this design, he did not want it to be seen and possibly grabbed by a bad guy.

Hi Calvin,

I have to ask, wouldn't a drop point, (such as a chute knife) or a spearpoint or dagger pentrate more easily and deeper, rather than a chisel point? I wonder why your client is thinking of stabbing a guy in the head, the chances of a blade skidding off the skull are significent, whereas stabs to the centermass would stop him cold, oh well, I'm just being silly I guess. In any case, that is a lovely knife and very well executed, I especially like the handle flow into the blade.

Respectfully,

Dave

Last edited:
Hi Calvin,

I have to ask, wouldn't a drop point, (such as a chute knife) or a spearpoint or dagger pentrate more easily and deeper, rather than a chisel point? I wonder why your client is thinking of stabbing a guy in the head, the chances of a blade skidding off the skull are significent, whereas stabs to the centermass would stop him cold, oh well, I'm just being silly I guess. In any case, that is a lovely knife and very well executed, I especially like the handle flow into the blade.

Respectfully,

Dave
My first design that I e-mailed him was a dagger grind but he wanted a tanto grind and I'm glad he did because I like this better. He wasn't thinking of stabbing anyone in the head, those were my thoughts, I believe he intends to stab in the hand, forearm or shoulder area although I sure he would stab anywhere that works in this type of situation, I know I would. I don't think he expects to kill anyone with this, just make them let go of his sidearm.
I'm glad you like this knife.

This little knife is geting a lot of attention on the Knifedogs facebook page so I thought I would bump it to the top.
I deliverd this knife to it' new owner at the Guild Show, he realy liked it.

Back