7th Annual Fox River Knife Rendezvous

Karl B. Andersen

OK - this is the 7th annual Fox River Knife Rendezvous on Sept. 10th, at 906 Porten Rd., McHenry, IL 60051.
It would surely be great to see some new faces.
This is the one-day-event sponsored by Rob Lindquist, and attended by many people we all know, makers, collectors and enthusiasts alike.
We have had an on going theme of making one knife in the day from conception to completion. That be making the Damascus, forging the blade, grinding, heat treating, handle work, embellishments, sheath, etc.
All accomplished by the makers who attend and witnessed first hand by the rather diverse group of people who show up, not only for the knife making and related subjects, but to also enjoy the wonderful company of other enthusiasts, eat freshly roasted hog, swallow down chilled beverages, etc,. all in the wonderful park surroundings on the river.
Got a better way to spend your day?
This is the knife we made in '09, followed by the knife we made in '10. Notice the glass bead made ON SITE and the ivory scrimshaw made ON SITE.
The people in the pictures with the knife are those who directly contributed to its creation during the day.
Then followed by just some regular ol' carrying on.

Hope to see some of you there, if you are within a days drive of Northern Illinois.

FRKR-1.jpg

chicago-1.jpg

frd-a-1.jpg

frj-b-1.jpg

DSCF0198.jpg

DSCF0196.jpg

DSCF0168.jpg

Karl, Man your killing me! I am scheduled to be out of town. That looks like the greatest way i can think of to spend a day. Im pretty bummed now. All others proceed to having a good time.
Doug Sutherland

My buddy Ed Vallely and I attended. Had a great time, nice folks and good fun! Hopefully there will be another rendezvous next year!

Jay Stickles

Back