Bolster suggestion request

SVanderkolff

I am in the process of building a fixed blade recurve fighter using some Del Ealy ladder pattern damascus. The blade looks great and the damascus turned out amazing. The problem comes when I try and figure out what to do about the bolster. I can use 416 stainless for the bolsters but I think the contrast between the damascus and the 416 would be too great. What would look best would be a solid black or at least dark bolster. I strongly prefer to use a metal bolster but may have to use something else. Any suggestions for a dark bolster.
Thanks
Steve

How about a set of damascus bolsters for this knife? Maybe something like this?

attachment.php

Attachments

• mosaic bolsters 014.jpg
    mosaic bolsters 014.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 77
  • mosaic bolsters 025.JPG
    mosaic bolsters 025.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 7
Randy's suggestion would look great!I bet Randy could tell you where to get some,just like those.

God bless,Keith

This is new to me, Steve but check it out... http://www.masecraftsupply.com/html/m3_composites.html

This stuff is very cool looking as well. I personally havnt used it.. But have seen a few really nice looking knives with this material on the handles.. I cant remeber where but seems theres another source for this BRB. http://www.metalpenblanks.com/mokume_gane_standard.htm Heres a link. May be the same that Masecraft sells? not 100% sure.

Good luck, whatever you use, Im sure will look great!

Randy's suggestion would look great!I bet Randy could tell you where to get some,just like those.

God bless,Keith

Shameless plug.. lol I cant help myself sometimes!! Yea.. Check out the supply section of Knife Dogs forum for damascus bolsters!! :)

I would vote for damascus bolsters.

One question for you guys that use them. what kind of pins do yu use on them??? Ive seen damscus bolsters with no apparent pin, just wondering how you do it?? Damascus pins?

God Bless
Mike

Just my $0.02, but I like the idea of the blued low carb bolsters. I love damascus bolsters and the sets that Randy and Jr. have done look amazing, but mixed pattern damascus often times distracts from the overall appearance of a piece in my opinion.

Back