Antler hammer/CANE w/ hidden knife build.

FOG

Ok, what i have so far is The Handle made of antler, witch has been slotted and drilled to fit my round 5/8 dia. shafts, it will be a T or slightly angled handle type of cane. I have 2 of these shafts/dowels, one 31inch,long, light but strong dowel.It is light in color and does not appear to have much wood grain (that may change when it hits the grinder tho). The other shaft is 27/28" length, is heavier by far and dark with what appear to have rich wood grain. I do also have smaller shafts but i'm kinda committed to these 2 pieces because of the work Ive done on the antler handle ( very solid crown piece 5" long a bit over 1 inch in diameter It will be a good Head Knocker. I could start over with different handle and shaft if,n i was convinced to.

I WANT your input to build a COOL CANE that can be used as an effective self defense weapon by a 50 year old Fat oL Guy((FOG) with out bending any laws too awfully far. I have a lotta of ideas and materials but i would like YOUR INPUT.. Cane will be built using what materials and tools i have as there is no cash for spending.

I have good selection of woods i plan on inlaying possibly as decoration. And using as handles for more projects

My next step is to drill a hole in whichever shaft is chosen matching the one i drilled in the antler Handle piece. So i can attach shaft and handle with a dowel as well as being slotted to fit. Probable JB weld or 2 ton epoxy added as needed.

The antler was given to me by Dave Cole years ago, and i plan to put some other remembrance pieces on it as well, probably inlaid in the shaft.

I wish the antler was the same color as these pics show. It is much paler towards white and has dark brown bark embedded. Anyone know how i can dye/treat the antler to change the color ?

Cane082811011-1.jpg

Cane082811007.jpg

Cane082811015.jpg

Cane082811013.jpg

Cane082811001.jpg

Cane082811002.jpg

SEEMS THERE IS NO INTEREST IN THE COLLAB AND RAFFLE PORTION.

I am continuing the build on my own. But my puter died,hopefully it will be back in a day or 2. Meanwhile i have been taking pics to post at that time.

Back