Im so excited!! :)

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Hello, We have been super busy these last few months and I have been squirreling away moneys saving for my next new toy, I mean tool! A HT oven..

Yesterday was the day.. I pulled the trigger on the oven.. I called over and talked to a nice young lady from USA knife makers..who helped me and tried to answer all my questions.. I cant say enough good stuff about the folks at USA knife maker supply.. Top notch people and great products..
One of the reasons I went with the Even Heat over the others is because there factory is right here in Michigan only about 30 minutes from my place.. So I get to pick it up rather them pay shipping on the new toy, I mean tool. :) Saving me some $$$

If that wasnt enough to make my week, I also ordered a "new" HHH tang Stamp.. From Uncle Al. Hes a great guy to deal with and I have always received top quality stuff and great customer service from Al. We had a custom stamp made to my design. I hope will look as good on our knives as it does on paper!

Thats about it. I just had to tell someone.. and you guys qualify! lol

Thanks for looking. :)

Congrats Randy.
There's nothing like getting new toys/tools, it's like investing in yourself/ business. It's a win/win situation.

Rudy

way cool randy cant believe you didnt tell me the last time we talked im crushed, youre going to love it!!!!!stainless here comes randy im scared lol

Larry, you know how it is, I hate to say anything till after it happens.

Im stoked. I got the upgraded controller on it! Now I need to get some quench plates and make some furniture for it. :D

Just got the call today that the HT oven is ready for pickup! So Im heading to Even Heat to get my new toy!! :) lol

Thanks Dan, You know, im patiently waiting for Jr to return with it.. lol NOT!!!

Also this means I can do larger knives.. Some of the kitchen knives I have been making rewire a much larger oven then what I have been using!! So no more tempering in the stove. lol It also means, We can start making some new damascus mix with O1 and such. Stainless damascus combinations. etc. not to mention HT stainless and some of the ABC123 steels that have come out over the last few years I keep hearing you guys talk about.. Which so far is something I have to either not work with or send out for HT.

Thanks for posting Dan. I cant even begin to express my joy and excitement at the moment!!

Glad for ya Randy,you deserve it my friend.
When can we see it???....When can we see it???
:taz::s11779:

God bless,Keith

OK Its here and wired up.. The people at Even Heat were great and helped load this bad boy into the back of Jr's car.

My first impressions, Its HUGE, From the pics you wouldnt think it was a large as it is.. Now its not a bad thing.. Just a little taller and longer then I had envisioned.:) I added a pop (soda as most of you call it) can for scale.

The one I got is the 240V model that 22.5" deep. I ran one cycle to 1600* and held it for 5 min. And it works like a champ!

Without further delay.. Heres some pics and I even threw in a few of my shop in its current condition.. Well used! or some might say very dirty! lolol

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Even Heat Oven, shop pics 017.jpg
    Even Heat Oven, shop pics 017.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Even Heat Oven, shop pics 007.jpg
    Even Heat Oven, shop pics 007.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Even Heat Oven, shop pics 021.jpg
    Even Heat Oven, shop pics 021.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Even Heat Oven, shop pics 053.jpg
    Even Heat Oven, shop pics 053.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Even Heat Oven, shop pics 063.jpg
    Even Heat Oven, shop pics 063.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 38
Great buy, I'm leaning back toward a Paragon since the factory is within a stone's throw from me, but pictures like yours make it hard to decide. By the way, it seems like you're in the same boat as I, you need more shop for your tools.

Yep seems I have almost out grown the shop! And with the next tool on my list a Bridgeport mill.. I may need to add on to the back of the shop and move the Hot side of the operation out back! :)

Well, Im gona go to Work.. what I mean to say is.. I gota go play with the new HT oven!! Thanks guys for sharing and get ready for some questions in the HT section of KD! lol

God Bless
Randy

After a few test runs, I Heat Treated 2 blades today! One was a 240mm Damascus Gyuto and the other is The Emerald Dragon blade. Both came through the HT perfectly.

Im real happy with the Oven and happy that we pulled the trigger on this bad boy!

Thanks again for encouragement and sharing in our joy..

Its a KNIFE LIFE!
Randy

Thats a beautiful oven Randy. So clean and shiney. You're gonna love it. I'm even doing some normalizing, annealing and stress relieving all in one now. Really love the control. We did Elmax the other night and held it at 2120 f for 30 minutes. I've never had it that hot before but it performed flawlessly. Mine is 10 years old, yours should be even better!

You have a well equiped shop. Nice!

Last edited:
Back