New watch - #18 The Apollo

papi

Hey everyone,

haven't posted anything in a while, but here i go with something :) It's been finished for about two to three weeks now, and i got the pics from my photographer recently, so... here you go :)

Just some specs -
case - 50mm Nichols stainless damascus base, damasteel bezel and screws, titanium caseback.

dial - sandwich of half-lifex and Gibeon meteorite, with titanium accents and hands.

strap - hand made from calfskin, with blue stitching and damasteel buckle

movement - ETA 6498-1, with hammer finish, blue screws, and some other small upgrades (the crown and winding wheel decoration).

Feel free to let me know what you think.

PS: i know this is a big and flashy watch, and might not be up to everyone's taste, but what the hell, right? :)

DSC_2636.jpg

DSC_2332-1.jpg

DSC_2328-1.jpg

DSC_2338-1.jpg

DSC_2662-1.jpg

Thank you for looking, take care,
Ondrej

Very cool Ondrej. I am always fascinated by the precision work that must go into one of your watches. The damascus is cool, and the meteorite face is an awesome idea. If you ever want to document the construction of one of these as a WIP, I - for one - would be paying attention. :thumbup:
Erin

Your work never ceases to amaze me. This is yet another stunning piece sir.

Thank you guys, i really appreciate the kind words :)

I've been promising you a WIP, but never found the time. I will try to do that though.

Ondrej

Man I do love a good watch. My wife says I'm obsessed with three things, guns, knives, and watches, and your watch has definitely got me obsessing.

Hi Ondrej

Stunning watch - WOW! awesome craftsmanship
I am another watch lover, I just wish I could afford some of the ones I like

I just saw one of your posts - a WIP on a watch, can;t wait to see the rest of it.

Rick

Sweetest watch ever! Seriously, that is the nicest watch i have ever seen. I love watches...You sir are an amazing craftsman!

Back