I know many of you have electrical knowledge... help!

SpeedyGonzales

Greetings all,

I have a motor that I need to wire up for a grinder... I also have an on/off switch I'd like to wire into it... if you have knowledge of how to wire this setup directly to a plug, please contribute... if you can help with the on/off switch, that's even better.

Here are the photos...

MotorDiagram.jpgMotorWires.jpg

The motor is a 1.5horse AC 115/230 volt Single Phase motor...

There are no screws/terminals that the wires (in photo) are attached to... There is only one screw in there and I assume it's for a ground since there is no green ground wire in the bundle (seen in photo).

Attachments

• MotorWires.jpg
    MotorWires.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 7
Do the groups of wires that the diagram specifies (Line 1 and Line 2) get wired directly to the power cord? ...and the ground would be the third wire in the power chord obviously...

for 110 yes the groups of wires specified get wired to the power cord,to install a switch put it in the black wireon your cord.
Stan

Speedy,

Use a Red wire nut to bundle the Blue, Orange, and Red wires together with the Black lead of the power cord. Use another Red wire nut to bundle the White, Yellow, and Black wires together with the White lead of the power cord. You will need to put a ring connector on the Green lead and attach it to the ground screw.

Use a 12 AWG power cord for 110 Volt power supply, and as Stan said you may break the black lead to install a switch.

Thanks for your help guys... I got the motor wired to the switch successfully...

The only thing I've found is that the motor jumps when it starts but I think this is because I have the whole motor attached to a hinged set up which allows me to swing the motor up and change the belt speed with the pulley set up I have. The weight of the motor on the hinges provides tension for the drive belt.

anyways...

Back