ABS Introduction To Bladesmithing September 12-23

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
I received a call from Jim Crowell this morning about the class that is scheduled for September. The class did not meet minimum enrollment and would normally be rescheduled, but the two gentlemen who have scheduled will be traveling from outside of the continental U.S. so, Texarkana College felt it would be unfair to cancel a class for the individuals who had already booked and paid for thier travel accomodations.

For anyone who might be interested in participating, this would probably be the ideal situation for attending this class. I have yet to attend, but I can only imagine how great it would be to have the one on one attention of such a small class.

The scheduled instructors for this class are Jim Crowell, MS and Tim Portier, MS. There has been a change to where Jim will still be teaching week one, but James Cook, MS will be teaching week two as opposed to Tim. Jim informed me this morning that Tim will be coming up to assist him for week one of the class.

I'm really bummed that I'm not in a position to where I can enroll in the class. This is truly an all star line up of teachers. To top everything off, the Piney Woods Fall Hammer-In will be the weekend of September 17-18 and even more of the world's leading makers will be attending.

Piney Woods Hammer-In Demonstrators:

Ron Newton, MS....................Advanced Damascus and Folding Knives
Mike Williams, MS..................Handles and Guards and ABS Judging Standards
J.R. Cook, MS..........................Basic Forging and Sound Hunter Design
BR Hughes, Founder...............ABS Judging Standards and Auction
Dr. Jim Batson, MS..................Bowie Basics and Basic Heat Treating

As usual, I'm sure several of the local MS will also be in attendance offering tips and guidance.

Back