Knife Dogs' Blades Made It To Afghanistan!!!

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
Gentlemen,

I received an e-mail from Mark this morning informing me that the two boxes of knives I shipped to him have made it to Afghanistan. I'm guessing they received them and our prayers for thier well being just in time. From what I am interpreting from his e-mail they must have received the knives prior to running a mission where they were ambushed by insurgents with RPGs, Mortars, and Small Arms fire. All soldiers survived the ambush but a couple of them sustained concussions and were medivaced out for evaluation, Mark being one of them. I'm unsure as to how long he has been out of the fight, but from what I remember, the TBI evaluation (Traumatic Brain Injury) is a 3-7 day process.

I have asked Mark to let me know if there is anything that they are in need of in the event that anyone is interested in sending care packages to them. If he provides me with a list of items, I will ask him for permission to share his shipping address with those interested in helping.

Here is the e-mail I received from Mark this morning.

"Hey there sorry for the delay but yes I got the packages and the guys love them. We have been busy roling missions all the time. I am back at Salerno getting checked out after our last ambush. I was knocked out for a second I am a gunner. They hit us with RPGs, mortars and small arms. We are all ok just a couple of us with concusions. I will get you a pic with the guys and the knives.
Thanks again,
Mark"

Thank you all for supporting the effort for this build. I'm sorry it has taken so long for updates, but once these soldiers left thier mobilization station, it took me a while to reconnect with them. I finally received the last shipping address a couple of days ago and have a few more knives that are going out in the next few days to another group in Afghanistan. I will get them out as soon as I can get out of bed (I had surgery yesterday to repair an injury sustained during a training exercise).

I look forward to posting photos of the men from the 45th Infantry Brigade with thier Knife Dogs' Knives as soon as I receive them.

Hi Murph, Reading this makes me very proud of our knifedog builders and our troops. God Bless America!

I'm glad this project finally made it's goal, I want to thank everyone again who was involved and a big thanks to Murph, who did the follow-up footwork. I am grateful for the opportunity to be involved in this and am proud of what we made of it.
Do let us know if there are any care items these guys are hurting for, I will see what I can come up with to send them.

Thank you Murph for the great update!!! Glad to hear our young brethren are well equipped. We should all feel proud for everyone's effort and hope that our build can help some of the men and women in Harm's Way.

Back