#5 w/ NWUcarta

Rob Nelson

Just got through a bout of pneumonia - boy that free military medicine is worth every penny :)

I made a knife for my RP, which for those who don't know is a cross between my bodyguard and admin assistant as a Chaplain. This is a variation on a design I'm calling the Pup. It was supposed to be 6.5" long, but it didn't cooperate, so it wound up 5.75" overall.

1095 Aldos, tapers full length from butt to tip, starting at 3/16", 1/8" at ricasso.
HT by O'Machearley.
Mariner type tip (for us sea service types), etched.
SS Tubes.
Homemade NWU-carta scales (mycarta made from NWU uniform).

img2924.jpg

img2926.jpg

img2930.jpg

img2932.jpg

Soaked the whole thing in mineral oil. Next step is a concealex sheath, and then
I'll have to pass it around at my command for awhile and then present it to him.

* ever get the handle just "right"? I really really like the way this fits in the hand.
And the NWU material seems really well suited for mycarta.

Last edited:
Nice one Chaps keep them coming. I like that NWU I just hope your RP does not have to put it to use in your defence.

Good work. I'm sure your PO will be thrilled. Don't push things with that pneumonia get plenty of rest if you can. It takes a while to come back fully from it as I can attest from sad experience.

HM1 Lester (Ret)

Good work. I'm sure your PO will be thrilled. Don't push things with that pneumonia get plenty of rest if you can. It takes a while to come back fully from it as I can attest from sad experience.

HM1 Lester (Ret)

Thanks Doc! How long ago did you retire? Navy Corpsmen rock.

Back