New handle material.. Pics..

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Hello guys, I just tried out a new handle material called Marcarta Burl! Its some really cool stuff! Butch Harner Made is and this is the first knife I have made from the stuff. I already know what I think. But want to get your guys input on what you think of the look B4 I say what I think of it.. :)

Specs.
OAL 13"
Blade 1095 HC steel 8 1/4"
height. at heel 1 3/4" or 46mm
Thickness at spine is.101" or 2.56mm
Gradual taper to the tip .031" or .79mm
Weight 7.2 oz.
Thanks for looking and please give me your opinion.. on the knife and handle material.. Good, bad or indifferent.. :)
Randy

Chefknifetake2030.jpg
Chefknifetake2063.jpg
Chefknifetake2066.jpg
Chefknifetake2089.jpg
Chefknifetake2091.jpg
Chefknifetake2056.jpg
Chefknifetake2053.jpg

Last edited:
Normally I'm not into colorful handle material, and since I mainly make knives for outdoorsman I'm not sure how it would go over.... but I like it. Does he have any other colors available?

Thanks for the feedback. Yea,he had blue, green and red I snagged 2 sets one bleu and the other green. that I plan on using on a skinner or something..

Randy that stuff is sweet. I like that blue you got there and he used to have black and red that was really nice as well. Good score. Larry

I can't really tell from the pics.
How about you send me a piece,that I could try on one of my folders.:3:
Just kidding,I think it looks great.

God bless,Keith

Randy I think it looks great would love to get my hands on some of it.
Awesome looking knife as well

Well guys, Its official.. The Butchcarta burl is AWESOME! The look is very cool and original.. no two sets will ever be the same.. Which to me is a selling point. I have a second set that is green and looks like it will make a very cool hunting knife.. you know, sort of that camo look!

Thanks for taking a look and Kieth, I just sent you a set.. you may want to go wait by the mailbox.. :) lol

God Bless
Randy

Really nice knife Randy! I've liked Butch's burl mycarta for a long time now. Have to use some
of the few pieces I have one of these days.

For the other questions: he makes a lot of different patterns. I've got one or two pieces from
denim jeans, a "squashed hippy" pair of scales and some olive and tan (?) burlap that may
have been by him (but might also be someone else's mycarta). They're at home and I'm at
work so none of the list is for sure.

Back