Rob Nelson

#4 - Knife with/for my daughter!

My daughter has been home on leave and the plan was to finish a knife together for her. I've been sicker'n a dog for the last week, bummer to waste leave on being sick and not being able to hang out with my girl, but I had a fit of energy this morning, so we finished it up.

Blade: 1095 Aldos, 6.5" by 3/16" clip point with rounded swedge, full flat with convex edge, 600 grit.
Handle: Homemade mycarta my daughter made from some old jeans, some floral denim print, and a little pink. SS tubes, rubbed in mineral oil.
Sheath: .60 concealex, small tek-lok, 3/16" eyelets.

She is going to do a lanyard for it with some paracord when she gets back from wal-mart. The pics are from my cellphone (sorry) but once I put an edge on it, she wanted to take it with her shopping ?!? Its scary sharp.

Cellphone pics don't do it justice, or show the color on the micarta. Hope to take more later.

img0023.jpg

img0021.jpg

img0020.jpg

Last edited:
Nice knife Rob. I hope to catch up to you guys some day.

On a side note, are you in K-Bay? My brother (USMC) was stationed down there for a while and almost made it his permanent home.

Mike, Im nearing the end of 2 consecutive tours here; 1st one was with 2nd BN 3rd Marines at KBay, sort of a homecoming for me. Hoping to report to the USS Iwo Jima here in 2 months.

Best of luck Rob. My brother picked up a new MOS and is now with an Engineer BN (Road Clearance) out of the SC and is plotting on a way to return to "Paradise."

And again, nice knife.

Back