Rose Thorn Folder

Chuck Gedraitis Knives

I have not posted in a while, here is my latest folder named the Rose Thorn. The blade is 4-7/8in long, 1/2in wide at the widest and made of Rados ladder pattern damascus. The opening method is a nail nick because I did not want to interrupt the lines of the knife. The front and rear bolsters are bronze that have been textured and antiqued. They will develop more patina on their own. I also hid the bolster screws, textured and heat colored them to blend them in with the bolsters. The scales are beautiful blacklip pearl. The colors in the pictures do not show how brilliant the colors really are. The titanium liners have been textured and anodized light blue. The backbar has been textured inside and fileworked on the top side. The overall length open is 10-1/2in and closed it is 5-9/16.
Thanks for looking.
Regards,
Chuck

Attachments

• Rose thorn filework.jpg
    Rose thorn filework.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Rose thorn b.jpg
    Rose thorn b.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Rose thorn  with beads.jpg
    Rose thorn with beads.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Rose thorn.jpg
    Rose thorn.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Rose thorn closed.jpg
    Rose thorn closed.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 172
Wow. That's really unique, also meant in the best way possible. Elegance and grace are two words that instantly come to mind.

Very nice work.

Very elegant Chuck. I bet that blade was a bear to grind without burning it. BTW it looks as though the light setting for tungston was used in the photo. If the camera has a "white balance" menue try useing the different settings to bring out more color of in the pearl. Different white balance settings will give photos VERY different looks. Pick the one you like best.

Last edited:
Very interesting, very unique. I cant imagine how difficult it must have been to make. Good job!

Wow is right! The other guys already hit it on the head but I'll repeat the elegant, graceful and slick thoughts.

Back