Apocalypse #4

Church & Son

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse . Famine, War, Pestilence and Death. Sound familiar?

This started as simply an idea, what could we make out of readily salvageable materials, homemade forge and tools, to protect and feed my family in the event the power grid dies.
The first 3 met those requirements. All big and capable choppers. Made from materials readily available. But they lacked something…..Diversability…..So after thinking long and hard I introduce

“Armageddon”

armag1.jpg

Total package 10″ x12″. Made from a pieces of a leather “hang up” travel bag from the Salvation Army store.
I see a socket handle, a kiridashi and a burnt stick. Buckles allow hanging from a belt or pack.

armag3.jpg
armag2.jpg

Socket handled ” Ulu- Skinner w/ gut hook” made from a mid 1940′s mower blade. The finger hole/choil was the blade mounting hole.
Forged, hot cut and a bunch of hot filing. Edge quenched in salt water. Shellac saturated hemp twine wrapping on handle.

armag4.jpg

Here’s that burnt stick. Actually a broken hatchet handle. Whittled to fit the socket handle. No dye, oiled, torched and scrapped.
The leather thong ties it pretty securely to the Ulu/Skinner to make an impromptu hatchet.

armag5.jpg

armag6.jpg

I don’t know where this series is going from here…But..I do have the workings of a flintlock pistol??.........Randy

Last edited:
Randy,
This one is waaaaaaay cool. Now you are ready for what ever might come. There is one hell of alot of thought and creativity in this package. Very inspiring. Wade

Thanks Wade, been thinking about this one for a while. Scarey, I usually don't think that far ahead. Maybe I'm growing up.....Nope, too old.....Randy

Awesome as usual..... A one of a kind apocalyptic bush wallet.

Saw this thing, saw the rain stopped and I got inspired to fire up the forge this morning. Three hours later and soaked with sweat, all I made was a thinner piece of metal out of a thick piece of metal. One of those days.

Very neat set Randy.

Thanks Grafton, I tried to talk a Dragon into giving me his hand for the handle, but he burnt my ponytail off. I guess that means no.
I know those just thinner iron days. Since its thinner, go ahead and roll you a socket in it. One of these Ulu/Skinner/Hawk things is something you need to add to your bush/swamp/gig wallet. Maybe we can turn the whole thing into a Wildlife issue. You started this craziness Brother.....Randy

Last edited:
Watch out! Conans going to come up & snatch that thing for his own! Awesome. Congratulations on a job well done.

Back