My mooseknife

Jonny Andersson

Hi this will be my new moose knife.

BLADE: Vladic daniluk
buffalo Horn
vulcanised fiber
Micarta made of black jeans and a military shirt.

Need comments, because this is my fifth knife.

Hey Jonny,
I like the blade and I like the grip. I just don't like them together. You have a very classy looking blade with a work horse handle that, in my humble opinion, don't do each other justice. Believe me this is much nicer than my fifth knife so after a few more I will be listening to you. Keep at it and in a very short time it will all come together. And I am sure the moose you gut and skin is going to care less what the blade and handle look like. Keep having fun. Wade

It appears as though your workmanship is good, I like the blade shape, and the grind looks like it was done well.
I like to see a little more flow between the handle and blade. Your blade has a nice arch to it while your handle is straight. A little more curve to the handle would make a lot of difference. Take a look at the best knife makers knives and you will see continuity between the two. A good knife shouldnt appear as though you affixed a handle to a knife. It should appear as though you married two partners together.
Eric

Back