Would this band saw be appropriate?

Speedy, Although I have never had one made by Milwaukee. I would say yes. as long as its a deep cut and the guides are in good shape it should do the trick for ya!

Your on the right track! :)

Randy! My new friend!

Thank you sir... Hopefully I'll check it out soon and save some money in checking off my list of tools.

Once again, thanks!:biggrin:

Speedy,

I myself have a Milwaukee and have not had any problems. I made a stand to mount it vertical and bought a foot control from Harbor Freight and it works wonders. A bit of advice on working with hard steels like 440c and D2 and steels high in alloy is turn the speed way down. I know its super slow but if you don't you will find that the blades will 'burn out" before you even get about a quarter of the way thru cutting your blank. I found this out the hard way no pun intended.

Rob

Thanks Rob! That's good advice... I don't mind the saw taking its time... It still beats huffing and puffing with a hacksaw. I'm assuming you even mean when those steels are in their annealed soft state.

I will also need to build a stand so I can use it vertically... I'm wondering if the little 'platform / platen' that it has on it (that the stock rests on while you cut it) is enough to use for cutting out blanks or if I'll need to modify that as well.

Thank you!
'speedy'

Back